Nikon Monarch 5 Riflescope. Anyone got one?

Planetcat

Reaction score
Just bought one in 2-10x42. I've had several Nikon riflescopes and generally feel that they make a good scope. Hoping this "5" version lives up to it's reputation. It will sit on my Benelli R1 .30-06 carbine brush gun. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the Monarch 5's at all. Thanks in advance. FYI, Cabela's has some really good clearance prices on these scopes right now.

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
My friend has one on a Savage .308, he likes it. I have a Nikon Prostaff on my Remington 700, I love it. Nikon is the way to go, I've yet to have a issue with mine.

k_rad

Reaction score
I have a used Monarch w/BDC reticle on my black powder. It is still super clear and bright after some serious pounding by the Thompson Center Arms inline. Nikon may be the best glass for the $. If the glass is better than my eyesight then anything I can't tell the difference from is wasted money in my opinion...

Planetcat

Reaction score
Thanks gents. Ok, got the scope today. It's very good. I'd say it's better than my older monarch and monarch gold scopes. Not as good as the Steiner, but at half the price, I'd rather have two of the monarch 5's. Incredibly clear glass and that useless-to-me advanced bdc reticle isn't distracting at all. At the Cabelas sale price, it's worth it. Not sure at full price. It will provide good variety of ranges for my short barreled .30-06 Benelli R1.

Top Bottom