• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Nikon Monarch 5 Riflescope. Anyone got one?

Planetcat

Just bought one in 2-10x42. I've had several Nikon riflescopes and generally feel that they make a good scope. Hoping this "5" version lives up to it's reputation. It will sit on my Benelli R1 .30-06 carbine brush gun. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the Monarch 5's at all. Thanks in advance. FYI, Cabela's has some really good clearance prices on these scopes right now.

MariotheBarber

My friend has one on a Savage .308, he likes it. I have a Nikon Prostaff on my Remington 700, I love it. Nikon is the way to go, I've yet to have a issue with mine.

k_rad

I have a used Monarch w/BDC reticle on my black powder. It is still super clear and bright after some serious pounding by the Thompson Center Arms inline. Nikon may be the best glass for the $. If the glass is better than my eyesight then anything I can't tell the difference from is wasted money in my opinion...

Planetcat

Thanks gents. Ok, got the scope today. It's very good. I'd say it's better than my older monarch and monarch gold scopes. Not as good as the Steiner, but at half the price, I'd rather have two of the monarch 5's. Incredibly clear glass and that useless-to-me advanced bdc reticle isn't distracting at all. At the Cabelas sale price, it's worth it. Not sure at full price. It will provide good variety of ranges for my short barreled .30-06 Benelli R1.

Top Bottom