NM 2004 Started Yesterday

JFWRC

Suspended Account
Reaction score
We took this one on the Mobility Impaired Hunt that started yesterday. Any guess's out there on his green net score. I will say that he's definately B&C.
Jimbo

Attachments

Grail

Reaction score
Okay, let's get the big antelope thread going. I'll guess that buck to be 88-inches. Was that taken on one of your ranches?

What do you think of these two bucks? Top one is Oregon. We called him Mongo. Bottom one is Arizona. We called him Crossover. Both taken this year.

JFWRC

Suspended Account
Reaction score
Grail-No, he wasn't taken on one of our lease ranches, I wish. We lucked out and got on a ranch that only the owners "best" friends get to hunt. I'm sure it was only out of the kindness of his heart.

I'd guess Mongo at 86 mas or menos and Crossover in the 92 range. Kinda hard to tell without seeing his prongs.

I've got a couple of better close ups of the buck above but I'm saving them for an article.

What is the rule on scoring when a quarter measurement falls on a big assed bump? I went to the conservative side and did not include them when looking at gross.

Could you see the hair on the lower portions of the horn. Kinda neat.

By the way you are very warm on the score. No doubt your expertise is worth it.

Jim

Grail

Reaction score
All that hair on the bottoms is really cool. No doubt that buck was still growing! Your close on Crossover. On Mongo, you gotta remember, his head and body and ears are all quite a bit larger than bucks in New Mexico or Arizona.

What magazine are you planning on putting an article in? I'll get it for sure.

As for scoring...it depends. If the bump sticks out an inch or so like the tip of a pen then the scorer will probably go above or below it. If the bump looks like a golf ball then it will probably be included. It's kind of a judgment call. I know B&C would prefer most bumps to be scored around rather than over, but if the bump is big enough it'll be included. Also, if the bump is only on one side of the horn it doesn't matter as far as B&C is concerned, because the small measurements for each side are the ones that are doubled for the final score.

JFWRC

Suspended Account
Reaction score
Thanks Grail-

The buck greens 86 6/8s net.

I hope I can get Rusty Hall or Eastmans to accept an article.

I appreciate your input on the bumps.

Good Luck to you this fall.

Jimbo

Latest Posts

Top Bottom