No Date on my Owl (Round Switch)

Bob R

Reaction score
It quit putting the date on the pics about 6 weeks or so ago.  At the last film change, I changed the battery on the back door, and made sure it was on the mode to stamp the date and time.  The pics that I got developed today had no time and date on any of them.  Shorted out the pins on the back panel, and saw the light.  The last roll or 2 before it completely quit imprinting, the date and time was getting dimmer and dimmer.

Any other suggestions??

gizz

Reaction score
Bob R - the only time i had this problem I replaced the battery - which you already did - and it resolved the problem after i reset the date and time of course. Did you reset your date and time? I know, very dumb question, but i did read somewhere that you must set BOTH the date and time in order for it all to work. Setting just the date will not cut it. Other than that maybe (on a very slim chance) the new battery that you bought was not fresh when you bought it. If all else fails, i'd try another battery with a very good expire date. Good luck!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Howdy Bob,

Since u said the date/time stamp keeps getting weaker this may not apply but take a look at "What Film do you use" by Gizz, posted a week or so ago.

Cedar & Sandy (for one) noticed the Film Brand made a difference on how legible the date/time stamp was, maybe this will at least help.....

Tinhorn

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
 I think some of it may be the developer. I have always used Fuji film because its pretty cheap. When I get it developed at Sam's Club the time/date rarely shows up or is so weak you cant make it out. If I take it to a higher costing developer it comes out fine.
 And Sam's uses Fuji processing.......Go figure....

Possum

Reaction score
i had this problem. make sure there is a little horizontal bar above the date/time in the little LED window.  That has to be there for the time to stamp.  Seems like I had to scroll through the time/date functions and snap a test pic (without film in it, of course) to get the bar to appear sometimes.  Taking the date battery out sometimes makes this bar dissapear.  Read the manual.  It says the bar will blink after the shutter closes if the time/date is stamping on the pic. The round dial OWL blinked when I snapped pics. but the OWL PF did not blink without film in the camera.  Also, I noticed this when I started using rechargable batteries.  I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it, but I quit using them and everything is fine now.  

Bob R

Reaction score
Well, I'll kinda go down the line....

Gizz, yea, I did set the time and date.  I had it set up to do the day and hr:min.  If I can't get it going, I will replace the battery again, just to be sure.

Tinhorn and EE, I am using the same film as always, Fuji 400 speed, and getting it developed at the same place, Wal Mart about 2 blocks away.

Possum, you may have hit it on the head.  One of the guys at work said the same thing today, when I told him about what was going on.  He had the same problem.  I am not using recharables, but did replace the battery on the camera back.  I will be back over there on Saturday chasing coyotes and squirrels, so I willl check it then (might even do it tomorrow).

I'll let you know if any of these things seem to take care of the problem.

Thanks.

Top Bottom