No Flash...

Applbit

Reaction score
I've made my second cam using the polaroid 2400ff.

I got it all wired up but the flash only works once in a while.  I have it on the forced flash setting. Sometimes it works but then it wont work.
Can anyone help?
thanks
Well i was just messing with it and the flash went off without any film in it. thats not supposed to happen is it?

(Edited by Applbit at 1:53 pm on Mar. 3, 2002)

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
No, it's not supposed to flash without film in it.  Someone posted something about making it flash by pushing a gear or something after you open the door on the cam to force it to flash without film.  I can't remember if it was Tinhorn or Arch.  It might have been under that long post about helpful hints or things I have learned.  Maybe you have a cold solder joint.  I have always soldered to the two pins on the board and kept all the camera functions in use. Have never had this problem.  Does it fire everytime when you short the wires together?  If it does then it could be the plugs?

Applbit

Reaction score
The camera advances everytime but the flash only goes off now and then.  No pattern at all.
The camera was working fine when i put it out about 3-4 weeks ago. I put fresh batteries in it too. i just resoldered everything and it still only flashes once in a while. Target has owl pf on sale so i might get one of them to replace it with.

T

the hairless one

i dont know if this is it or not but i know on the owl you have to have the shutter door shut when you put the cover back on after wiring it up. Might try that?

rick

davered1

Reaction score
That camera should flash everytime if you wind the little gear under the film door to the left until it clicks a couple of times. Try that.

if it flashes evrytime you do that then it is working OK.

not sure if it works on these  but you can try to open the film door and hold camera up to light nthen take pic and the if the shutter doors open and close then it has to take a pic. Works on canons, so give it a shot

Applbit

Reaction score
even if i have film in it, it doesn't flash all the time.

Top Bottom