No Forgiving Charlton Heston

gwhunter69

Reaction score
No Forgiving Charlton Heston
By Brian Fitzpatrick
Thursday, April 10, 2008

My grandfather, a college football star, played for the NFL champion Providence Steam Roller back in 1928, so this weekend I was looking forward to seeing George Clooney’s new 1920s football movie, Leatherheads. That’s before I found out how Clooney, like many lefties in Hollywood and the news media, had treated the late Charlton Heston.

Clooney’s offense took place a few years back. According to Life Site News, “For his conservative stands, however, Heston was attacked and reviled by his Hollywood colleagues. In 2003 actor and leftist political activist George Clooney joked about Heston’s illness [Alzheimer’s disease], and, after Heston criticized him for the remark, he retorted, ‘I don’t care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him.’”

LINK

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
I think the thing that Clooney dislikes the most about Charlton Heston is the fact that he was a gentleman. Something Clooney can't comprehend, let alone become.

easymoney

Reaction score
Quite a difference between the screen actors before the 60's and those since. The former were professional, courtious and patriotic. Those actors since the 60's who get paid obscene amounts of money to remember a few lines of copy are rude, unprofessional and very unpatriotic.
The USO is having a very hard time getting any modern celeb of even modest fame to entertain the troops and those who do go are predominately conservative...
Charlton Heston was a real star and true gentleman which is far cry from george looney.

Tank

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (easymoney @ Apr 11 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quite a difference between the screen actors before the 60's and those since. The former were professional, courtious and patriotic. Those actors since the 60's who get paid obscene amounts of money to remember a few lines of copy are rude, unprofessional and very unpatriotic.
The USO is having a very hard time getting any modern celeb of even modest fame to entertain the troops and those who do go are predominately conservative...
Charlton Heston was a real star and true gentleman which is far cry from george looney.[/b]
Couldn't have said it better myself. Clooney gets about as much of my respect as Rosie O'Donell, Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon,.......and the list goes on. They're all TURDS.

D3Lifer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tank @ Apr 13 2008, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (easymoney @ Apr 11 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Charlton Heston was a real star and true gentleman which is far cry from george looney.[/b]
Couldn't have said it better myself. Clooney gets about as much of my respect as Rosie O'Donell, Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon,.......and the list goes on. They're all TURDS.
[/b][/quote]

Whattya expect from members of the Film Actors Guild? I've got a list of actors whose work I won't patronize. No reason to give the scumbags my dollars.

jmabbott888

Reaction score
There are a few singers that will & do help the USO. At least I think it's the USO but regardless they do go over to the Military & entertain like Kid Rock, Daryll Whorley, Toby Keith, Jesse James (non singer), & 3 doors down. 3 doors down doesn't agree with the war but they do support the troops. The other one that has gone over is the female singer that sings "bumper of my SUV", I can't remember her name for the life of me. One last one is Ted Nugent, but thats no surprise either lol.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
C'mon guys..you gotta get it right ! I haven't called that nutcase George Clooney for years..It's... George C. looney !

Top Bottom