No javelina this year

arizona hunter

Reaction score
Got skunked this year on javelina. Man, last year all three of us got one and this year me and another guy never even saw one. The other guy saw two about a 1/2 mile away and going away so he did not try to catch up with them.
We went to the same place (34 A) we've been going for many years and once in a while this does happen, oh, well, thats why it's called hunting and not "shooting". We still had a good time; good friends, nice weather and good food.

How did the rest of you do in AZ?

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Main thing was that you had a good time with good friends. Maybe next time you'll tag one.

richardoutwest

Reaction score
We were lucky this year! We took 9 out of 9, but we are in the field over 200 days a year, that makes a big difference! The archery season was phenomenal once again as was the juniors hunt. The HAM and Rifle hunts started to get a little tough and had to go to the reserve herds.

The main thing is you got out and had a great time! Javelina are a blast!

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Well there is always next year. Everyone came home safe, so give'er hell next year!

kphunter

Reaction score
Arizona Hunter:

I had the same type of hunt you did - never saw a single pig, even though I had spotted some during pre-scouting!

KP

arizona hunter

Reaction score
KP
We should have know better...normally we see many signs of rooting, but this year we only saw old sign. So next year if that happens we will hunt about 1 1/2 miles west of our usual spot. This area I've taken javelina in before, on those years when I was not seeing anything in the "favorite" place. I guess some times we just get a little complacent (lazy?).

kphunter

Reaction score
arizona hunter:

Yeah, I was hunting by myself and sometimes you do get a bit lazy when there's no one there to push you.

KP

Advertisement

Top Bottom