No More Super Duty!

richardoutwest

Reaction score
After 9 grand in the past two years on owner operating cost, enough was enough! The Super Duty F-250 Power Stroke 4 door is gone, and a Dodge Quad Cab now takes it's place.

I had 124,000 on the Ford and put in a UVC cable harness and computer control system, A heavy duty trany, two front wheel bearing/anti lock break sealed units, water pump, two 4x4 actuators, turn signal and break sending unit, and I will stop there.

I have owned Ford, Chevy, Toyota, GMC and Jeep. I have never owned a Dodge. So the test is on, I down sized to a 1/2 ton and gas with the 5.7 Hemi. I am looking forward to not paying a dollar more per gallon and I am looking forward to not spending a $100 every time I change the oil and $40 every other oil change for a fule seperator.

I knew the salesman, we went to school together. I got the service for life package for free (?) and I got an extra bumper to bumper "Gold" 40,000 mile warantee for free with gap coverage for free (?) and with the extra warrantee coverage it droped my interest rate another 4.2%.

I had ta!

PowDuck

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. I have a 2007 3/4ton 5.9 cummins quad cab and love it. Even though diesel is more expensive I get better mileage to make up for it. (Maybe not enough to completely make it up but still......)
I drove a hemi while mine was in for an oil change and I gotta say ....... I was not impressed with its power after driving my diesel. I drove a 4.7 liter gasser while mine was getting the dent taken out and was very impressed with its power. (of course I didn't pull anything.)

Dodge makes a good truck. Enjoy.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Wish you the best of luck with the Dodge. Personally, I will NEVER buy a Dodge product again after my tranny went out on my 1500 at 68,000 miles. I do like how roomy the Dodge trucks are, but after my experience it just turned me off on Dodge trucks...

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
man ,i loved that truck,it reminded me of sucess!!!cant wait to bloody up the new one

shoot me an e-mail rico, its been awile

Mntngoat

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HOGHUNTER714 @ Apr 20 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wish you the best of luck with the Dodge. Personally, I will NEVER buy a Dodge product again after my tranny went out on my 1500 at 68,000 miles. I do like how roomy the Dodge trucks are, but after my experience it just turned me off on Dodge trucks...[/b]
Had the trans go out my wifes Acura with less than 60,000 Miles on it last weekend. and who says the Japanese makes great vehicles.

Give me my Dodge CTD any day.

ML

richardoutwest

Reaction score
I think Ford, Chevy (GMC) Dodge & Toyota all make a good product! If you are lucky enough to get a good one. My F-250 Super Crew 7.3 was just a lemon after 95,000 miles, not what I bought a diesel for! The Ford diesel's did have trany trouble not holding up to the torque. When I bought the truck used with 32,000 mile, it already had a new trany in it.

Took the Dodge out and put it through the paces, it did pretty darn good. A bunch of you know that I DO USE MY TRUCKS! The front is a little soft, but that won't last long. Time will tell folk.

Top Bottom