no pictures

bat

Reaction score
Ok gang help me out here.  I was doing fine until I got to picture #11.  I'm getting detection when in the test mode but when I switch to Camera it doesn't seem to be picking up motion...no led light.  I'm using the RS PIR and OWL PF.  I did find one side of my diode had gotten on center leg of my 5 volt relay would this have created a problem?  I have changed out the relay just to make sure..still have the problem.  I have the two wire connection to my Camera and have tried to short across the two connections....nothing.  The camera works fine with the shutter botton.  I have the wires coming out of the camera hot glued down so they cannot move???  Anybody got a suggestion.

davered1

Reaction score
If you cant short camera across the 2 wires then your solder has probably come loose inside camera. Sounds like a cold soldered joint

Open up camera and check

bat

Reaction score
Thanks davered1,
That's my next step.  I didn't want to go back in the Camera but that looks like what I need to do.  Just wanted to get a second opinion before doing that. I got another solder point between the connection plug and the camera, I'll look at it first.  Thanks again.

bat

Reaction score
Yeah!  Back in business.  I had two different problems.  One my connection between the stereo plug and Camera was bad ( I had used the soldering iron to melt the insulation from the wire, must have left a little insulation on the wire, this is a good way to remove the insulation but you need to make sure you get it all) and the stereo male plug was not making contact???  I resoldered the connection and made sure it was right this time and removed the stereo plugs and opt to using a telephone line using two male ends (always got some of them with all the computer stuff I got) and placed a coupling inbetween for connection of the two male ends.  This saved me a little on cost because the coupling is a little cheaper than the extention phone cord.  Sorry if this is lengthy but maybe it will help someone else.  Thanks people for all the good data in here.  I would have never gotten a cam without finding this forum and all the good ideas each person has given in here.  Cam is working great.

Top Bottom