No poaching, no problem when a female Fish & Game warden patrols t

RSS Feed

Reaction score
In part because wardens are poorly paid compared with other sworn law enforcement officers in the state, the DFG has trouble recruiting and keeping them. About 60 percent fewer people applied to be wardens in 2006 than in the previous year, and 40 percent of those who enrolled in the last police academy left for other jobs, according to California Fish & Game Wardens Association.

http://www.sacbee.com/fishing_hunting/story/798159.html

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
"if things go south,im gonna shoot" lord give us all strength
anybody else read this story?
better make sure you have your license with you next time,and that your tags are in order.....

i better stop here

rodneyshishido

Reaction score
I personally would not mind paying a little more in license fees to specifically to the Dept of Fish & Game for their use. The problem in Washington State was that all the increases went into the general fund for politicians to dole out as they pleased.

el_vaquero

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hatchet1 @ Mar 20 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"if things go south,im gonna shoot" lord give us all strength
anybody else read this story?[/b]

Sounds like the right survival mindset to me....in the middle of nowhere with no back-up at 0-dark-thirty facin' one ore more undesireables that are most likely armed and stronger than her she would be foolish to get involved in a fight that could go to the ground.

BrandonA

Reaction score
Except this state Agency needs it or we'll have no game wardens soon... If they paid more I'd probably sign up to be one

I agree with her willingness to take out her gun if things are going very badly. There are a lot of mental cases out there, and the hunting/fishing community has their fair share of them as well. You can never be too sure about someone, and especially poachers who are breaking the laws.

Orygun

Reaction score
Heck, working alone in the dark having to deal with multiple persons who may or may not be drunk and or high?? I can forgive someone wanting to protect themselves.

That said, female LEOs kill more people than men do. They often find themselves confronting perps who are bigger and stronger than they are. Male officers tend to mix it up with the arrestees more often.

Our state wardens are state cops and get funded as well as the highway troopers do. There is generally a waiting list within the agency for one to become a warden. I would think it would work well in CA. Make em a division of CHP.

Advertisement

Top Bottom