• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Non lead 130 grain ammo for a Winchester .270

Hey all got a question for the seasoned vets around here. I just bought a Winchester .270 and want to get it sighted in. Since California is going to all non lead ammo soon I want to sight it with non lead. Any recommendations for 130 grain non lead .270 ammo? Planning a pig hunt on a friends property this upcoming month so looking to get some range time in before I go. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Planetcat

I would try barnes ttsx, hornady gmx, and federal trophy copper. Ive seen them perform very differently in the same rifle and same bullet weight. Pick the best one, assuming accuracy is acceptable, and be done with it.

Revo2811

I used to shoot federal trophy copper and had multiple Kills (bucks). Maybe the less expensive from the 3 above. Now that I started loading switched to the Barnes ttsx. Both in 130gr . Every rifle is different so it depends. But if you only have a month any of the 3 will hit within12” diameter at 200yds.( for most people)

Top Bottom