Non -Typical  DC-100

Hey Boy

Reaction score
The unit is brand new with fully charged batteries. I thought there was a problem w/ it. It wasn't staying awake. What I mean by that is the motion sensor stops workinkg.  I hung it in a tree, did the LED test, and it worked normal. Went and retrieved it on Sat. .I walked in frony of it and it didn't have an LED or take a pict. I opened the box and no additional pictures had been taken. I took a whole role the week prior w/ my HOMEBREW on the same tree. I think when I opened the box the digital diplay on the camera was off. I turned the camera off then on again to see there had been no picts. taken.  The unit has been sitting in my car all week end. I will bet you that it will not come on  no matter what you do. It's only when it's warmed up in the house and the 9V batteries are taken out and put back in a couple of times when it will come back to life. I appears to me to be TEMP. related. It will continue to work properly in the basement.
      Let's not bash DeerCam here. If anybody has had similar  problems or any areas of concern please respond. I'll be talking w/ DeerCam today.

All batteries are new and tested w/ a meter.Thanks in advance.          Hey Boy

gizz

Reaction score
Please let us know what Deercam says and how responsive their customer support is.

Hey Boy

Reaction score
     I just got off the phone with Eric from Non Typical Inc. the makers of the DC-100. He asked me some questions regarding the units operation. When I mentioned that it was failing in lower temperatures he knew exactly what the problem was.

He asked me the camera's  S/N and the unit's S/N. He then told me that there were  problems w/ the circuit boards in a certian run.  It is now in the postal system on it's way 2-3 day delivery.  He said he would repair and test. I said thank you and asked him if he has ever heard of http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com and he said NO. I said What are you waiting for.    Stay Tuned   Hey  Boy

P.S.  The unit's S/N is under the shelf that the camera sits on.

JohnsIslandBoy

Reaction score
I too have a DC-100 and have been having trouble with it not taking picts when i can look out the back door and see 7 deer on corn pile.  I too called Eric at Non-typical and talked to him. He told me to send it back and they will fix it.  My problem isn't temp related (I'm in Charleston, SC) but Customer service was very nice and professional.   I did manage to get a whole role of film out of the camera though (my cam has a jumper for sensetivity- moved it to high and it worked good) still sending it off to see why it not working in normal mode.  Will post some pict of the big 9-pointer I got once I get my scanner to my new house

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom