Non-Typical Deercam Sensor

migenaus

Reaction score
Hey Guys, About two years ago I purchased a Super Deercam from Non-Typical, Inc. After a few weeks of use the Olympus Stylus camera messed up...I sent it back in and they replaced it with a new one. Well the same thing happened about 10 months later...They replaced the camera again. Well my warranty has since ran out and this year after the camera was out two weeks guess what happened...That's Right!! It tore up again...(It won't rewind the film) So then this year I found this website and have been building my own cameras. I got to thinking...and tinkering ...and figured out how to use the DeerCam Sensor with one of my Canon Owl Cameras. So I can now use the DeerCam Programmer and Sensor with the Canon Cameras. Sorry this was lengthy but I thought that somebody might have had a bad ordeal with Non-Typical, Inc. also.   Thanks for Reading, Mike

(Edited by migenaus at 7:24 am on Aug. 28, 2001)

B

brian alberda

Migenaus
I would like to here more about your non-typical game monitor that you got to work with the canon owl camera.
I have three monitors  and now just picked up a canon owl camera my orginal camera someone needed it more than I did so thay helped themselfs I hope thay are enjoying it. Any help you can give me I would appreciate it  thanks brian

migenaus

Reaction score
Brian, As soon as I get a chance I will post some instructions on how I wired it. The Canon Owl camera instructions posted on this site shows 3 wires being wired into it. The Olympus Stylus camera which came with my Non-typical deer camera has 3 wires coming out of it also. Believe it or not they each run the same thing as in the Canon Owl. Do you have the wire that has the telco looking plug on it that came with the Deercam? It is the one that connects from the Deercam Sensor to the camera.If you do have it then take the small plug that plugs into the camera off and you can experiment with the three wires until I can post which wire runs what. Sorry this is so lengthy...
Thanks for reading!
Mike

B

brian alberda

Migenaus,
YES I have life my camera is working I monkeyed with the wire's like you said and found the right combo THANKS A BUNCH  brian   this is great!!!!!!!

chadwright

Reaction score
So wouldn't this mean that we should be able to use the Olympus Stylus cameras in our HomeBrew cams and be able to wire them the same way?  Just a thought.

Chad

Possum

Reaction score
Can you open the broke stylus up and tell us where the wires are going?  And can you tell us the model number of the Olympus Stylus?

migenaus

Reaction score
Hey Guys!! Sorry for the lay off...I realize that you could use the Stylus for our Cams, but I have had so many problems with mine that I didn't want to use Olympus Stylus. If someone wants to use them then maybe they will have better luck. Once you open the Stylus up it looks like a totally different animal then what we are used to seeing with the Owls. When Non-Typical, Inc. modifies them they use white wire for all three wires. I can tell you that all of the wires are tied into the contacts at the shutter button. As soon as I get a chance I will see if I can determine which contacts to use. If I can narrow it down to that you can play with combinations to figure out which one controls what. I will try to soon. Good Luck!!

Possum

Reaction score
After re-reading this again you are probably right.  We might not want to know how to modify this camera.  As for as I know the OWL's are pretty reliable.  Thanks for the info.

buckmaster6

Reaction score
WHERES THE WIRING SCHEMATIC POST?ITS BEEN 2 YRS SINCE YOUR POST,OR DID I MISS SOMETHING?

cj7zrcool

Reaction score
The wiring diagram for the hook up from the Owl to the Deer Cam sensor would be a great help to me. Please post it if you still have it. Thanks

Top Bottom