non-typical game monitor

B

brian alberda

This is my first time on this sight so I hope I am doing everything wright. I have 1 non-typical game monitors about 4 years old. My camera to the system was stolden I have the monitor,keypad and cord but no camera. My question could I buy a camera and just modify it or do I have to start from scratch and build everything. I called the company and thay wanted over $200 just for there camera.  thanks abunch  

Steiner

Reaction score
Brian,
Yes, you can use one of the cameras that are listed on Jesse's page.  The only difference with how the camera is connected on the non-typical units is that they use three wires vs two.  There system sends a short pulse every hour to refresh the flash capacitor to keep it hot(this is what the third wire is for).  Other than that they are connected the same way.  Let me know if you get a camera because I'm pretty sure I have the schematic on how it should be wired.

B

brian alberda

Steiner

Thanks for the reply is there one camera that is simpler to wire up or not thanks for your help I am planning on getting a camera sometime this next week if all goes well.

Steiner

Reaction score
brain,
To me, there all about the same as far as wiring goes.  Some are much easier to disassemble than others.  I have been using the Owl PF lately but they are getting harder to find.  If you happen to find one of them you really don't need to use the third wire connection as the Owl doesn't require a periodic refresh pulse.  On the downside, the Owl will hesitate for a second or two before it fires if it has been sitting for a day or so.  If the deer is close (5 feet) and moving quickly, the camera could miss the deer or just give you a rump picture.  Let me know if you run into any trouble.

B

brian alberda

steiner,
I finally got my camera I found a cannon owl pf with date.  (HELP)   you said you thought new the schematics on how to wire it any help will be appreciated thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom