Non-typical sensor

Deer Nut

Reaction score
I bought a trail monitor from non-typical game game camera about 5 years ago this past week  it started to only reads movement about 15 feet then once in a while it will read 50 feet or so is the sensor going bad or do you think somthing else is going on? any ideas are welcome  thanks

Archilochus

Reaction score
If not heat as HH mentioned, maybe the sensor PC board has come loose and the sensor element / Fresnel lens are getting out of alignment.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I worry about the PIR's going bad with age because of my experience with Motion Flood lights going bad over the years.  

I've had a lot of Motion Floodlights do what you describe, after a few years of use, and replaced them.  Now I'm wondering if maybe they were just coated with dust/dirt and caused the sensitivity problems.  2 yrs ago I had another light go bad and dug one out I didnt throw away (I'm a pack-rat) and cleaned it up and it started working again! been back on the porch for ~2 yrs now with no more problems

Dang I wish I'd not thrown all those others away, even if they were ruint I could u'v had teh fresnel lenses......

Tinhorn

Top Bottom