NorCal Newbie!

efrancanojr

Reaction score
Hey y'all! So I just relocated to Northern California from Arizona with my hunting fool family and were looking for a spot to find spring gobblers. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks Y'all!!

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
I live farther north so I cant help much with WHERE in your area . My advice is to do these 2 things …... Go out and scout with a call to locate birds AND just important , Get the ONX app ( and I am not much of an App guy ) This App will let you know if that land is legal to hunt on .

There is a LOT of public land out there.

It also gives you the names of the owners of private property . Getting permission to hunt private land is tough but Not Impossible . You will hear plenty of No's but , sometimes you can make a deal with the landowner and get permission . I have done it in the past . I have offered to do work for land owners. Bring a "permission to hunt" document that states that the land owner will not be held liable for injuries etc.
BOW

efrancanojr

Reaction score
Excellent I just got the On X Hunt app and been familiarizing myself with it for sure. SUPER helpful!!! Yeah definitely planning on covering some ground and scouting and have some calls I've been dying to try out in the field👍 Ok good idea on having the "permission to hunt" form with me. I'll definitely need to do that. Thanks for the heads-up!

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I live in the foothills and may be able to help you a little. I sent you a PM.

Top Bottom