Norcal Vet Hunter

Latapie

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just retired from Beale Air Frce Base, and I’m getting into hunting in Nor Cal. I’m in it for some good clean food, lots of hiking, and experiencing the beautiful country. I live in Lincoln and hunt on base or on BLM nearby. Hitting up Cache Creek for hogs tomorrow. I’ll let y’all know how it goes. Please hit me up if you ever need a hunting buddy.

Last edited:

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I think you will like retirement, I know I do. This is a good area to live in to hunt or fish. I typically hunt deer in D 3-5 when I don't draw a premium tag.

Do you fish at all? I fish Oroville and other lakes in the area.

Latapie

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I think you will like retirement, I know I do. This is a good area to live in to hunt or fish. I typically hunt deer in D 3-5 when I don't draw a premium tag.

I tired D3-5 for deer last year but no success. I’ve had a a bit more luck fishing Englebright and the Feather (trout, striper, salmon) Also hunted turkey on Beale with some luck.

Latapie

Reaction score
I tired D3-5 for deer last year but no success. I’ve had a a bit more luck fishing Englebright and the Feather (trout, striper, salmon) Also hunted turkey on Beale with some luck.
I just got back from Cache Creek looking for hogs. No sign of em, but did see 5 bull elk off Hwy 20.

Top Bottom