North Mississippi hogs

1fitspirit

Reaction score
I'm going to North Mississippi on May 1, near Abbeville and the Tallahatchee River bottoms. Are there hogs there, or any alternate suggestions within 100 miles?
Thanks,
Steve

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
I read an article some a while back... 2002 or 2003 that hogs were becoming a problem in Mississippi.

fulvigula

Reaction score
I have family in Mississippi and while I am no expert I would say there are probably a few hogs in most areas of the state where you have hardwood river bottoms. That being said south Miss probably has more hogs, in general. I would try calling the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks in Jackson. They can put you in touch with the right regional office or county wildlife officer to give you the right details. They can also tell you about the legality of hunting and where. I believe hogs are considered the property of the landowner rather than a game species in the traditional sense, and there fore are not regulated on private land. However, on public lands there may be a presrcibed hunting season which may or may not be open when you get there. But be sure to check with MDFW&P - I don't want to get you in any trouble!

Advertisement

Top Bottom