Northeast Opener

Litch

Reaction score
The Northeast opener was a total success for myself and hunting group. The hunting was fast and furious as soon as shooting time arrived. We were at the far southern end of the boundery and saw very large numbers of mallard and teal, good signs for a great season to come.
We were hunting in Deer zone X6-B and didn't hear to many rifle shots, mostly shotguns from duck hunters. But the deer we did see taken were very impressive.

Megadeth

Reaction score
Good job Litch. The majority of us stayed home on the NE opener because of the water situation, but  yourresults give us something to draw off of for the next week.

Soccer Dad

Reaction score
I had a friend go to Ash Creek for the opener.  He said it was slow and disappointing.  He came home Saturday afternoon.
He said there wasn't much shooting at Ash Creek.  Did anyone else do better on the refuge's?

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Saturday at Lower K. was sweeeeeet.  Spec's went dumb. We had 3 limits before 8am. Not many ducks working the fields. We kilt 3 Mallards. plenty of ducks they were just loafing in the water units.
Sunday was back to reality time. Two Spec's early and that was that.

Lot's o fun though. Come on Saturday

2curljohnny

Reaction score
i hunted k basin on oregon side,looked like e oregon in december, plugged full of greenheads.2 limits both days by 9, could've limited quicker but tried to cull the slow,old, fat ones out before they get to them valley boys:toothless:

BCshasta

Reaction score
Shot Tule fields on Sat. 4 specs for 2 of us. Did'nt shoot Sun. due to lack of birds.

Top Bottom