Not secure notice from Firefox

asaxon

Reaction score
Jesse:

When I log into JHO I get the following message from Firefox;

"Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through
in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers."

What is the story with this?

Thanks ANDY S

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
probably because our SSL certificate is expired. Let me see about getting it renewed. You should be okay, the certificate just proves its JHO youre connecting with

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I think this is a relatively new thing with Firefox, not the website. Basically, it's saying that you're signing on through a normal URL connection like HTTP://www.jesseshunting.com, as opposed to HTTPS://www.jesses...... I don't think anything's changed on this end. I upgraded Firefox not long ago (to version 50, I think) and started getting these notices on other websites, so I did a little investigating. It's a relatively recent change through Firefox to notify you of this possibility (where it's been true all along, they just weren't saying anything). I could be wrong, I'm typing from memory right now, but I got that same message all over the 'net after I upgraded Firefox not long ago.

Top Bottom