Not that I have much of a chance drawing s Bighorn tag but..

Lurediver

Banned
Reaction score
DFG's big game magazine has two different stats for the 2007 applicants drawing. I try and give myself the best statistical chance of getting drawn but their data doesn't match from one page to the next on page 41 and 42. Looks like every zone is that way for the Sheep hunts.

Am I reading it wrong?

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the stats. I've been concentrating on an area close to home as far as scouting.
The Sheepholes are a mother. You'll need a guide.
The White's produced some very large Rams last year.
That could be a doable hunt on your own.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Good eye Lurediver. The total applicant numbers are off. What's up with that? If I was you I'd stay out of this years draw!! Wait til they fix it. Ed F

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
You're right Lure.
I just looked at them.
That's weird.
Just like some folks got booklets with no stickers and then mine comes with stickers.
Fo figure.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I think it has to do with tag quotas being decreased in some areas and increased in others?

One Track

Reaction score
No big. Horn growth is way down with the bad timing of our rain storms. Too little, too late. I wouldn't put in for sheep this year.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Odds are terrible no matter which page ya look at...think I'll pass this year too

Lurediver

Banned
Reaction score
Good thinking, I'll wait until they fix it.
Gosh if wasn't for you guys I would have put in for the draw.

upper

Reaction score
One trak,I am with you on most of your posts,But what,only put in when there is rain?How about this,yea I got drawn but I turned in my tag,no horn groth this year..........JJJJJJJJEEEEEse Upper

WildlifeBranch

Reaction score
more tags than ever before!! [there's another thread out there that suggests I should generate revenue !

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Okay. Everybody. Don't put in.
What's the old saying?
Get out of the way and let the big dog eat.

One Track

Reaction score
Upper:

I'm going to run an ad that suggests All hunter wait until next year to apply. I'm that serious about it. Besides, hunting sheep is very physically demanding. If I don't draw this year, I won't have to get in shape.

bobby7321

Reaction score
they also showed 100% success in the old dads, which was not true last year (or the year before, i forget)

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
There was a member last year which drew the Old Dads and didn't pull the trigger.

lxtrail

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmoniz @ May 26 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There was a member last year which drew the Old Dads and didn't pull the trigger.[/b]

it was a 100% of tags were awarded, silly DFG maybe they can get with some people and let regular sheep out and we can hunt them, what no takers

Latest Posts

Top Bottom