oatmeal creme pies?

killinturks

Reaction score
lankyman, either i missed a post or im out in the cold. i've seen the reference to oatmeal creme pies a few times but i'm at a loss for the true meaning. i know im from out of town but could you let me in on the secret. thanks

Lankyman

Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!!!

:laffin-yellow:

It's a Southern thang.  We use them for good luck around here.  I have survived to be a ripe ol' age of 30 off of "Moon Pies" & "Creme Pies" in my huntin' packs.  Those are the foods of champion hunters here in SC.  There is a lot of misteek & local legend behind the them.

Here is the story to go along with my brothers photo:

On April 27, 2002, Rusty Fan unlocked the truth behind the mystical Crème Pies of Newberry County, SC. Despite local legends & folklore, Rusty Fan finally discovered the secret behind the animal attraction that has lead to the demise of many of the wild creatures of SC. Both deer & turkeys have fallen to the unmistakable attraction of the glorious crème pies over many years. The secrets of the crème pies have been past down through generations and generations of SC hunters. Many so-called non-believing hunters have fallen into the trap of pseudo oatmeal products. There is only one product that contains the secret mystical ingredients. It is none other than “Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Crème Pies.”

Due to the strict code of silence surrounding the mystical attraction contained within the crème pies, Rusty Fan cannot give specific details of his recent successful hunt. If he divulged too much information about the secrets of the crème pies, his hunting reputation would surely be tarnished & any future successful harvests would be jeopardized.

The only information that I can pass along to those that are still able to chase the Ol’ Long Bearded One this spring season, is to make sure that you have a box of Little Debbie’s Crème Pies within your hunting arsenal. You will be amazed at what might happen if you just believe.

killinturks

Reaction score
must be a down south thing. i saw this band called "southern culture on the skids" and they had a song bout little debbies oatmeal creme pies. great band!!!!! does this mistical product work for fish too?

woodsman

Reaction score
Will that work up here in Mass .HEHE
“Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Crème Pies.” I love them.

:switchin:

Lankyman

Reaction score
Joe,

As far as I know it is not a regional thang.  the key is that you just have to "BELIEVE."  And never underestimate the power of the “Crème Pies.”

:rofl

:7-bouncin:

:rofl

woodsman

Reaction score
Now do you eat them while hunting or strictly for the luck thing ?
I get hungry after well all the time when i'm hunting HEHE

killinturks

Reaction score
it sounds like he cant tell because there must be a hex on divulging the whole truth and nothing but the truth. apparenly if you do future success may be nonexistant or at the very least somewhat subdued.i personally believe in my dorky looking D.U. hat. it works...

woodsman

Reaction score
I think my problem is after shooting my first turkey (jake in my avitar pic)I went out and
bought a new turkey gun and vest .Now three years lator and no bird ,Saturday is the last day for the season and I have to go painting :mad-fumin-red:

killinturks

Reaction score
i think if you use an old parkerized shotgun andwear stuff like old steeltoed boots the birds feel your no threat and come closer. it gives them a false sense of security

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Many poor turkeys have succombed to those lil pies. I'm from a different faith. The chicken bones buried in the graveyard faith. We split off from our lil pie brethren bout nineteen hundred and eighty nine. Ya just gotta beleive.

Steel toed boots. I know one boy I took hunting for the firt time who insisted on getting his own hunting boots after I got him the other clothes and gear. After 2 hours of watching this poor kid gut it out even when the sun warmed us up he finally told me about his new steel toed shoes his mom had bought him. The temp was 20 degrees that morning and he about lost a toe. I felt like a complete idiot for not asking sooner and boy was his mom upset.

killinturks

Reaction score
they do get cold. one thing we all need to remember when taking out little folks is that they have lower tolerance levels than us.and in order to keep them involved they have to have positive experiences.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom