Obama passport files violated; 2 workers at State fired; 1 rebuked

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Obama passport files violated; 2 workers at State fired; 1 rebuked
By Bill Gertz
March 20, 2008
Two State Department employees were fired recently and a third disciplined for improperly accessing electronic personal data on Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, Bush administration officials said today.

The officials, all contract workers, used their authorized computer network access to look up files within the department's consular affairs section, which processes and stores passport information, and read Mr. Obama's passport application and other records, in violation of department privacy rules, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.
LINK

easymoney

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio, that someone in the state dept took a peek at mrs clintons passport files...
Shocking...

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Clinton Says Her Passport File Breached

Mar 21 11:55 AM US/Eastern
By DESMOND BUTLER
Associated Press Writer Write a Comment

WASHINGTON (AP) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has told Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton that her passport file was breached in 2007.

In a statement from her Senate office, Clinton said she had been contacted by Rice. The State Department plans to brief Clinton's staff Friday about the unauthorized breach.

LINK

gwhunter69

Reaction score
A word of caution

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 11:23 AM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: 2008, Obama
From NBC's Andrea Mitchell

In the story about passport breach, here's a word of caution before leaping to conclusions about the official in charge of management and consular affairs -- Maura Harty -- who had been appointed by Bill Clinton as ambassador to Paraguay.
LINK

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Rice to Obama: Sorry for Passport Breach
Mar 21, 11:06 AM (ET)

By DESMOND BUTLER

WASHINGTON (AP) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Friday apologized to Sen. Barack Obama for a security breach in which three State Department contractors inappropriately reviewed the Democratic presidential candidate's passport file.

The episode raised questions as to whether the actions of the three contractors, two of whom have been fired, were politically motivated.
LINK

easymoney

Reaction score
"Maura Harty -- who had been appointed by Bill Clinton as ambassador to Paraguay."
GW, are you sure that wasn't mata hari?
If this weren't so serious, that someone can just browse our most personal files, it would be just one more in a long line of humorous dirty tricks that pop up every election cycle...

billrob

Reaction score
They also got into Rice and McCains passport files too.

Dublya put the sale sign on everything just like Clinton

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Billrob;

I can't fathom what you mean when you say dublya "sold" something ! Are you trying to tell us that somehow, the pres took the trouble to go to the passport dept. and for a few nbucks, encouraged some temporary help to delve ? Gotta do better than that ! LOL

Meanwhile; they can go look at my passport all they want, I have nothging to hide.

With Obama's henchmen raising such a stink..I figure they are either, trying to " make political hay " or else he really has something to hide...

chuam

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuckslayer @ Mar 21 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Billrob;

I can't fathom what you mean when you say dublya "sold" something ! Are you trying to tell us that somehow, the pres took the trouble to go to the passport dept. and for a few nbucks, encouraged some temporary help to delve ? Gotta do better than that ! LOL

Meanwhile; they can go look at my passport all they want, I have nothging to hide.

With Obama's henchmen raising such a stink..I figure they are either, trying to " make political hay " or else he really has something to hide...[/b]
It isn't about having nothing to hide. It is about the right to privacy. I have nothing to hide yet I still don't want someone not authorized looking into my personal information. Since you have nothing to hide do you have a problem with someone going through your mail, e-mail, web searches, phone records, listening in to your converstations, etc?

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Politically, there is nothing to this issue. If I were a cynic, I would say that the State Department is full of pro-(Bill) Clinton employee as demostrated by their constant undermining of the current Administration, therefore, someone was doing a search for Hillary. BUT, I think this was probably curiousity by several employees, especially considering there is evidence that every single Presidential candidate was a victim of this privacy invasion.

At first, I thought this was no big deal, so someone sees a few country stamps. But then I learned that when you get certain passports, like a diplomatic passport, they do a complete and thorough background check on you. Can you imagine the information that is listed in that background check? They probably talked to every single EX girlfiend...man, I am going to have to bribe or off my EX girlfriends if I ever run for public office.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom