OBAMA SPEECH IN FULL: A MORE PERFECT UNION
Tuesday, March 18th, 2008/ 10:17:53 ET
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

**VIDEO**

“We the people, in order to form a more perfect union.”
LINK

gwhunter69

Reaction score
You know. I watched the speech and I do not think he hit it out of the park. He did nothing to put this issue to rest. I do think he did enough to put Hillary away though. I think McCain is going to crush the poor guy in the general. I can see the campaign ads now..."God Damn America" and then cut to Barrack saying, "I do not consider what he said to be particularly controversial." I may be wrong here, but I think he is done.

Obama Confronts Racial Division

Mar 18, 5:03 PM (ET)

By NEDRA PICKLER and MATT APUZZO

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Barack Obama confronted the nation's racial divide head-on Tuesday, tackling both black grievance and white resentment in a bold effort to quiet a campaign uproar over race and his former pastor's incendiary statements.

Standing before a row of eight American flags near the building where the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Obama urged the nation to break "a racial stalemate we've been stuck in for years.'"
LINK

Tank

Reaction score
I agree...he was still defending and deflecting.

Notice he totally avoided addressing the anti-American comments. He managed to take the racial comments, say that he disagrees with them, tries to make excuses for why the pastor said them, and finally turns it around to make racism the problem that needs to be addressed in America with himself spearheading this movement. WOW....he's slicker than his opponent's husband.

easymoney

Reaction score
I saw this and I have to admit he is a great wordsmith, "deflecting and defending", but he did not hit a homerun...
I agree the majority of voters do not want someone like this for president(much the same for mrs clinton) and I too, think John McCain will eat him for lunch... The voters want someone to tell them the truth, good, bad or ugly and if caught with the hand in the cookie jar, fess up and take it like a man. They will at least have respect for him then...

chuckslayer

Reaction score
He didn't even missed his attempt at a bunt !

First he says he can no sooner turn his back on Wright than he can on his grandmother !
Did his Grandmother also say curse America ?
...Or turn his back on the black community !
Did the whole black community say; "God D--n America" ?
Did both of them say that the US deserved 9/11 ?

Did his grandmother hold such hate for Isreal also ?

Wright claims that Israel is occupying Palestinian land...
Did Obama's grandmother also condemn the Israelis ?

Wright has a helping of hate for Israel..does that sound like a Christian or a Muslim ?

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
I missed the first few minutes of it but one thing that stood out for me, (beside not really saying anything to distance himself from his pastor), was that every time he referred to anyone it was "this white woman", "a black man", and on and on... Apparently everything is defined by race for him?? Seems like it if you listened to the speech. Why couldn't it have been, "a young woman from (what ever city)", or "this gentleman I know of", and so on?

Top Bottom