Off for Whitetails

Brian S

Reaction score
  Well Monday I'm off to Connecticut for Whitetails. My cousin I'm staying with out there called yesterday to tell me that he would have to be my camera man next week because his tag is filled. He shot a 15 point non-typical. It has a drop tine and 2 partials that were busted off, with an extra set of brow tines, I hope he still has it cooling by the time I get there.  I have to do better than the doe I took last year. it looks like it is cooling off to 20's/40's the day I get there, from 30's/60's hopefully that will get those rut crazed monsters moving. If I survive the flight there and back I hope have a decent story to tell along with some pics.
Brian

d trees

Reaction score
good luck brian , I was lucky enough to hunt nebraska the last two seasons but couldnt go this year because of school , get a big boy . d

gizz

Reaction score
Good Luck Brian! The weather here in the Northeast is supposed to cool down a bit next week so your hunting should be good. Hope you have a "blast"!

Fubar

Reaction score
Brian Be safe. Have fun. And take pictures.         Good Luck       Fubar

Brian S

Reaction score
  Wow I have allot of posts to read there has been 3 pages worth in the Big game section alone. Well our New England whitetail hunt was a success. Got pics just need to get them scanned and galleryized. I shot a 8 point buck with a thick rut neck he was running with 2 does.This was my first whitetail buck and I can't wait to get him back from the taxidermist. My Uncle shot a nice 9 point Thanksgiving morning thanks to some stuffed bell peppers I ate the night before. We had heard some noises about 50 yards off in the distance before dawn but could not see what was making it. Shortly after squirles were out on the prowl through all the down leaves. It was about 9 o'clock now and I felt an earthquake brewing in the oven. and had to blow off some colonic steam. Being 25 feet in the air didn't help either so riiiiiiiipppppp it went and ten seconds later after a good chuckle we heard a 150 psi. buck snort followed by a stomp and a host of flagging whitetails running away from were we last heard them. Aparently stuffed bell peppers didn't agree with them. luckily they ran right to my unle 150 yards away and he took out a nice 9 pointer out of the group. I don't think breaking wind is in the method of take regs but it sure got em movin.
 Friday my cousin and I tag team took a doe, and saturday we pheasant hunted, an action packed week. We saw deer everyday and just had a blast, I can't wait to go back. I'll get going on those pictures.
Brian

Fubar

Reaction score
BrianS Congratulations! Funny story.I am looking forward to seeing your pics.            Fubar

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dang Brian,

You could have stumbled onto the next hot driving technique!  
Stuffed bell peppers the night before ... find a really thick canyon ... move upwind... feel the magic brewing... then tell your buds to be ready!  

Could be better than tossing rocks into the canyon!  I'll have to give it a try next year.

Haary

Reaction score
That is a new one.  I am always hearing about people trying to cover their scent with different  concoctions.  Now we find out that you can use you own scent to get a nice buck.  That 's using your head, I mean ahh... whatever. You know what I mean.

Top Bottom