• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Official Post Padding Thread

Brnsvllyjohn

Hello I am trying to decide where to hunt this year. I have hunted a few places in other states but have never really taken a true trophy animal. I am not looking for your favorite spot or your "Honey Hole" just trying to finally get a mule der over 200 inches or possibly an elk around 375 or so. If you don't know off hand where I can find one of those how about a pronghorn around 90 inches. Not trying to shoot a world record trophy just a decent one. Any help would e appreciated.

If you need info on how or where to catch 12" bass I can supply you with some locations in exchange for your hunting tips.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

My first McDonald's job was in 1978 in Monterey, Ca. When the food was the real deal and Ray Croc the founder and C.E.O. , eventually I was a manager and could of had my own franchise store but decided to head to San Jose to b in Electronics.
I look back and realize that was a mistake, I could of been retired like a fat cat a long time ago with boku money.
I wouldn't want to b a franchise owner now, after Ray Croc died MickyDees went to hell, service sucks, food sucks and prices suck. I stop eating there.
They got rid of the McDonald's characters., put WTF McCafe,s in instead of there playgrounds trying to b like Starbucks got rid of cashiers for Kiosks, they think they r selling gourmet burger meals for almost 8 bucks like Outback or Something.
I guess they forgot its suppose to b fast cheap good food but honestly I wouldn't feed that chit to my dog if I had one because dog food is better.
If anyone wasn't around in the 70's and 80's then u wouldn't know at all how great it was then when lines were out the doors and it was true quality and the fries were the best! U would b so mad like me if u knew the difference between then and now.
I feel they let Ray Croc down and his true companies values and he's probably turning over in his grave now, so sad!....tra20190912_142501.jpg

P304X4

There was a local place known as the Get-n-Go in the 60's when McD's started opening stores in Tampa Fl. McD had better french fries but couldn't beat two burgers w/the works, an order of fries and a 16 oz. drink for $.60; that's right, $.15 for each item. Came home on mil. leave in 1970 and even the Get-n-Go bld. was gone; so much for progress. BTW there are still McD's w/playgrounds in MO. some of them are of the indoor variety.

P304X4

I earned money doing yard work from spring of '65 through summer of '68 (high school years). Graduated in June of '68; August of '68 I left Tampa Fl for the Air Force and never looked back.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
I earned money doing yard work from spring of '65 through summer of '68 (high school years). Graduated in June of '68; August of '68 I left Tampa Fl for the Air Force and never looked back.
Looks like we lived close to one-another. My father was a Captain in the Air Force and was stationed at MacDill from the summer of 1966 to the summer of 1968. We lived on base for the first while, then moved to a house on Julia Street directly across MacDill from The Colonnade. We left in July of '68 for him to return to Atlanta and finish his residency at Grady Memorial Hospital. That is the only time I've ever lived outside of Georgia.

P304X4

I was further north on Mohawk near the intersection of Hillsborough and Florida Ave.s. I liked to fish the Hillsborough River above the dam and in the Tampa Bay among other spots.

Top Bottom