OK Smart guys , what else.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Nothing obscene..... What other places'/situation's have you effectivly used your camera? I remember seeing a CAMTRAKKER photo of a person stealing lumber from a guys cabin. He set the camera up at his weekend cabin and found out his neighbor was stealing his spare lumber.

At my hunting lease we are always having a problem with guys breaking down the gate. Sometimes they dump trash where we park, sometimes deer carcass's. Typical scumbag stuff.

Once I get some decent pics of some game I might try and place it somewhere near the gate to catch them. No flash of course. But the noise from the camera drive has me a little concerned. So I figure once I get my monies worth of game shots I'll try the Gate-Cam. If they steal it I'll build another......

So let's hear some stories. Nothing obscene......

Strutter

Reaction score
Here in KY the state has used cameras to catch people dumping garbage illegally on county roads.  Not sure, but I think they use video cams.  

Strutter

gizz

Reaction score
I set one up once in a tree next to a bird nest. Got some neat pics. I also had a small hole in my yard and as I filled it in, couple days later it was open again. I set it in front of the hole and it was a ground squirrel/chipmonk. I'd like to set one up next to a squirrels nest but the squirrels build the nests at the very top of the tree.
Use your imagination, you'll come up with some neat ideas!

Buckoholic

Reaction score
I have heard of people setting them near hummingbird feeders. I think I would be afraid of the gate idea. If they couldn't steal it they would surely destroy it.

jayber

Reaction score
My buddy loaned a camera out to his lessor about a month ago.  Seemed he had something getting to the chickens in a coop.  To make a long story short, he was able to pattern a coon and see that he was opening the swinging coop door to get in.  I, and he for that matter, wish this was a success story, but it didn't turn out that way.  He did get a shot at the coon one nite, however, he blew the rear window out of his truck topper instead of bagging him.  Maybe he needs to work on his shooting (?)!  HaHa

(Edited by jayber at 7:08 pm on Aug. 19, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I've got a Cam Modification in progress for a Cabin that keeps getting robbed.

I'm going to put a PIR inside the cabin which will energize a normal Movement Cam's (hidden outside the cabin) power supply for 30 min's.  The Flash will be turned off but I think the cabin is being broken in to during daylight hours.

There has been a rash of cabin break-in's this summer and the Sheriff said he'd be interested in any pix's I get......  so will I  ha ha

Tinhorn

Top Bottom