Ol' School Dove Gear!!

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
One of my hunting partners like to go "Ol' School" once in a while. Here's his single shot 16 gauge, some old ammo and a few Eurasians!....................... 20180803_104902.jpg Choot Em'

Sarghunter

Reaction score
Limited, You could Title this The Old and the NEW------ this Photo is Old School Gear with some new Players in the Dove World, LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:

perdizgunner

Reaction score
I hunted with paper shells in the 1970s in south america. I read that humidity affected them and that they expanded in the breech when fired? In my opinion, science should try and perfect paper shells because they are biodegradable hulls.

dabob

Reaction score
In the 1950s my dad would go dove hunting and bring home the 12 ga paper hulls and give them to me to play with.

When I smell a Federal Champion paper hull it still reminds me of how those paper hulls in the 1950s smelled.

I remember when they first started selling plastic hull shotgun shells a big percentage of the hunters didn't like the idea of plastic hulls.

When I was 4 to 8 years old I played with shotgun shells instead of eating lead based paint chips.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
In the 1950s my dad would go dove hunting and bring home the 12 ga paper hulls and give them to me to play with.

When I smell a Federal Champion paper hull it still reminds me of how those paper hulls in the 1950s smelled.

I remember when they first started selling plastic hull shotgun shells a big percentage of the hunters didn't like the idea of plastic hulls.

When I was 4 to 8 years old I played with shotgun shells instead of eating lead based paint chips.
Same here, my first memory of guns was about 4 or 5 years old with my uncles at a trap range near Muscatine IA. I thought them paper shells smelled great and i gathered up pockets full

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Here's a memory that comes to mind! Every time I smell Button Saga I flash back to rabbit hunting in the hills with my Dad when I was around 7, I mean every time. What I would give to spend a day hunting with my Dad, just one more time! I want a be that guy!

dblsmk

Reaction score
I was looking for pictures of my old school style of hunting and could only find a picture of me loading my homemade speed loaders for the 20 ga. sxs muzzle loader for the next shoot. This was before steel shot.

DSCN0018.JPG

Latest Posts

Top Bottom