Old Versus New

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
This is a pic of my first game camera.  A canon sure shot owl af, regent ms20 sensor, no timer, with 3 9v batteries, and welder's lens.  All in a ammo can enclosure.

This is a pic of my latest game cam.  A canon owl pf, mainstay wm2 sensor, joe d's timer, 6 cell batteries, and sima lens filters.  All in a highlander camo enclosure.

Thought this would give us something to look at  in this slow time of the year.

davered1

Reaction score
My first cam

RS PIR, CANON OWL AF(slide switch),no timer ,ammo can,frame glass

Latest camera

Ms 20(mod down to 50' reach), brians timer board,pelican 1120,UV filter,canon owl AF (round switch)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Uhh ohh ... this is Embarassing!!  Here's the "remains" from one of my first "trail-cams" from about 10 years or so back...

Hey... red RTV is all I had...  :)

No sensor - just a trip wire.  No timer, no batteries (except in cam itself)

Bears knocked out the windows a few times - porcupines ate the top off it twice - a moose (I think) stepped on it - ants moved into it - and it finally got struck by lightning and died!

Archilochus

(Edited by Archilochus at 5:09 pm on June 14, 2002)

deerstalker

Reaction score
Simplearkansan, I know this is a little off topic, but what did you use for the camo job on your last cam. It looks great. I am just about ready to start assembling my first one and have not yet decided on the "paint job".

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi DS,
I think he bought them pre-painted from Highlander Sports.

Archilochus

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Oh that's FUNNY!! :laffin-yellow:

Looks like they've come a LONG way!! Geez now I don't feel so bad about having a few extra holes in my first cam box that I had to fill after drilling my switch holes in the wrong places!

(Edited by Cabin Fever Bob at 10:25 am on June 15, 2002)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Originally, I just relied on the fact that my cams were sooo lame that nobody would want one !!  :))

With the Pelican-type boxes, security becomes quite difficult.  I've devised a few "Rube Goldberg" locking schemes, but none of them would slow a mildly determined thief very long.
By far the best "security" is a good camo job (I use sewn canvas covers) and discrete placement.

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Here is my Original Movement Camera, Old Ponderous, using a Car Doorlock Solenoid and 2 - 6 volt lantern batteries along with a 2 stage timer.  It's probably at least 6 years old now

The others are Pistol Cases and Nestle's Chocolate boxes, all with timers.

I rely on Camo and out-of-the-way places to protect the cams from "The Enemy"

Tinhorn

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
jayber, nice cam and pics. You have some real nice bucks in your album. MC.

jayber

Reaction score
Thanks and thanks MC.  They're IL bucks and I'm working on putting a few of them on my wall!  HeHe

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Whitetailfan, sorry for the late post. Lately on my last three cams I have been using cabinet locks and making the bar on the cam fit my enclosure. I get them at Home Depot for 3.97. Hope this helps. MC.
My Cam

My other Cam

kfen

Reaction score
What kind of boxs are yall all using? are those new boxs pelican 1120

StringShooter

Reaction score
Archilochus,
You can put an eye hook in the top, some wire, a nice shady spot facing south and use it as a birdhouse.

Thats amazing.

SouthernStyle

Reaction score
Jayber,
Those are good looking cams.  I would also like to know what kind of housing your latest cam is and exactly what type of eye hooks you are using (and where is the best place to find them).

MCinIL,
What type housing are you using in your latest cam?

All of the cams posted look impressive.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I want my first one designed.  

Scott

Top Bottom