Olympus D-370 $98.00

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
$14.43 shipping for me, no tax, works out better for me!

Thanks,
Todd

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
Hey todd.... can I connect the D-370 (after wiring the cam)  to my canon owl setup and make it work?

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
GOB, I think you can if you have a refresh setup on your sensor. The main thing is the windows won't line up. I tried the same on mine. You also only need a 2.5 hr refresh. I think the owl is tippically set up with a 7 min refresh and your batteries won't last quite as long. MC.

(Edited by MCinIL at 11:44 am on June 24, 2002)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Basically, you're going to want a different board from Brian.  The refresh rate is different for the d-370 and to make the batteries last a week you will need a different board.  The other thing too is that the Brian's board with the Owl-pf has a 38 picture shutdown.  This means that after the camera fires 38 times it won't be sent a signal to fire again.  This is something you won't need with a digital.  It will limit you to just capturing 38 pictures.

Todd

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Todd, have you done your yet? I'm starting on mine tonight. What timer are you using. MC.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Havent' started any digital yet.  Will be after I get back from vacation in two weeks.  I'm building one for a friend in Maine with a Canon S200.  The olympus will be mine.  I've done a little research on the topic.  

I will be using boards from Brian for both cameras.

Todd

(Edited by ToddP at 1:08 pm on June 24, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
The control boards will be the same for either set-up.  35mm or digital.   Its the programming in the chip that makes the difference.  You can switch chips for $7 and then it's just up to the windows in your enclosure.  

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Everyone is right.

The difference is the program.  If you ordered a 35MM chip with the 38 count then it will shutdown after 38 pictures.  The same chip without the 38 count feature will continue to take them.

The refresh then is next and it is usually set at 7 minutes. This I assume would be hard on the D-370 batteries.  The 2.5 hour is better.

A simple chip change with a different program is the key.  The board is the same but the program varies.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I'm still using the 7 min refresh, haven't had the time to change it yet. The batteries don't last as long, but in my case they still last long enough to fill a 32 MB card (69 pics). I will eventually change to a 2.5hr refresh, but for right now, it does work. If you made a new front cover for you enclosure, you could just swap the cameras and the control chip.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
coyotebandit, I can't remember if it was you or someone else that was having problems w/ nite quality, but if it was you, you might want to check what qual. the cam's set on. Mine is on the highest resolution, and I only get approx 54 pics/ 32 meg card.

coyotebandit

Reaction score

Mine is set to SHQ, I think that is the highest setting. I didn't seem to have the best night pics, not sure if it was the camera, or just my setup.  I know I'm getting a lot of flash bleed right now, but the cam is out, and I haven't got a chance to drive out and get it yet. Once I get it back, I'm going to rebuild it all in a new, better enclosure.

Since each picture is a different size in KB, I'm sure it's possible to get different numbers each time you set it out. I'm sure mine is full by now, I'm hoping to get to it this week.

What setting is your D-370 at?

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Do any of you set the camera to 2x or more for the lens? Also can you adjust the power of the flash on this camera. I am just checking mine out now. I'll modify mine this week and hope to get it out this weekend. Also will this camera fire just as quick with a 128mb card? Thanks, MC.

jayber

Reaction score
What about printing the $98 websight ad, take it to OfficeMax, get it there under their 100-115% Price Guarantee, and save shipping?!

coyotebandit

Reaction score
MC,

I don't use the 2x mode, and I don't think other do either. There are flash modes, but I don't think there is any way to adjust the strength of the flash. I know the D-360L has a ISO 500 mode for lower light conditions, but physically the camera is a lot different, so I'm not sure if it would work as well. My brother has one, I'll have to see if I can bum it off him, after he gets bored with it... Not sure on the speed, I only have 32 MB cards. From the sounds of it, it might be a little slower to respond with the bigger cards, I'm not sure if anyone has tested this yet though..

Jayber,

That's a good idea, I wonder if they will accept web advertised specials for their price guarantee? If that works, I might just have to buy another one!

gizz

Reaction score
I'm just getting ready to start one with a D-370. Brian's board is ordered and my MS20 is modified for low power(thanks Jon) with Tinhorn's trigger. Look forward to getting this thing working in the next couple weeks. I'll be welding a custom container from steel stock also but until i get everything together i won't know how big to go with it. A local steel company gave me a 4x8 foot sheet of the steel. No idea what gauge it is but it's heavy. I don't want  the bears to get a chance at this one. Good work to you guys that figured out all of this with the digitals. A lot of time and money went into it i'm sure and it doesn't go unnoticed.
Later,
gizz.

gizz

Reaction score
Here's another one for $99.99 **Sorry but this site done went and changed the price to $115**
Hey maybe their price is determined by the number of hits - I dunno but what was there before is now changed.
I've never dealt with them either and can't find anything about shipping.

http://www.executivecameras.com/productdet...0&catid=101

(Edited by gizz at 11:17 pm on June 24, 2002)

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Gizz, I used a spinoff of a box AEH drew up first, and used 18 gage. It would definitely deter most bear attacks, but on the standard ones I'm going to make, I'm going to use 20 gage. These are broken and welded. I use silicone to make a gasket, closing the lid and reopening it after the silicone has cured for about 1 hr. I would not recommend going over 18 gage. They are pretty heavy, and any thicker would be too heavy. I think I'm going to keep my first cam I made, with a polaroid 2400ff, one with an Owl PF, and make up and sell units with all the other cam's I've accumulated and go strictly digital with the proceeds.(Will add the proper credits to all literature on sales.)  Ought to be able to cover at least 3-4 more that way. I'm sold on the D-370, and expect nothing less, if not more with the 380.

bat

Reaction score
gizz,
 When you open up that link it shows $115.52...might have been a one-day sale??? bat

gizz

Reaction score
Or a mistake? Cause you sure are right and I just posted it a few hours ago!
Hmmm....it was good while it lasted.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom