olympus d-380

Bow Runner

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has wired the d380 yet.  If so is it the same as wiring the d370.  Anybody got any comments?

gizz

Reaction score
I don't recall seeing any posts about anyone trying one of these although the "general" consensus is that it should be the same. Now that doesn't mean that it's gonna but the camera case sure looks the same. Give it a try and let us know:wink-yellow:

Bow Runner

Reaction score
i think that i will give it a try.  I am going to turn the lights off and give it a shot in the dark.   (you have to screw up on your first cam anyway) right:)

davered1

Reaction score
Bow runner,

Don't forget to take some pics and post them of the cameras guts,while you are hacking it.that way we all learn with you.

thanks

(Edited by davered1 at 11:16 pm on July 16, 2002)

Dbworld

Reaction score
I played around with one at Best Buy.  It looks the same on the outside.  The menus are different though.  

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
Just renewing this post to see if anyone has hacked one yet. Thinking about trying a digital cam.
Gumbo

davered1

Reaction score
sold a fellow a enclosure for a 380 he had, he didn't want to mess with sensor and brians board.

He wired his following the 370 mods. I emailed him couple days ago and he said camera worked fine

So i guess they are the same. Should take way nicer pics than the 370 though it has 2 megapixels

(Edited by davered1 at 9:24 pm on July 26, 2002)

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Davered. Based on the specs for the 380, the flash is still the same as the 370. If we could just get olympus to up the flash range to 20'..........Still don't understand why it is such a big deal.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Even though the flash range is rated the same, the D-380's ISO rating is 200 and the D-370's ISO rating is 100.  This should mean that the D-380 is more sensitive to light than the D-370, so hopefully the night pictures will be better.

gizz

Reaction score
It seems I learn something new everyday. Thanks Hamiltoe.

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
davered1,  have you heard anything else about the D-380 camera? Is it just like wiring into the D-370? I want to build a digital trail cam, but would prefer to use the D-380 for the better picture quality. I could also use just the camera around the house.

treestandman2

Reaction score
Hey Davered, you said the guy didn't want to mess with one of Brian's boards or a pir , then how is the thing suppose to work.  Remember I am a rookie at this electronic stuff!

davered1

Reaction score
treestandman,

I built one for him and sold it to him without a camera in it. He wired the camera and put the plug I sent him on the wires and his unit was complete.

Still have to mess with brians board but I was the one messing with it!!

Top Bottom