Olympus infinity XB

TmKarren

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has tried one of these?  and could tell me how it worked out..  Thank you

davered1

Reaction score
TMkarren,

Just checked out the one on ebay but couldn't tell much from pic.

2 things to check, email guy and ask him to leave it on for 2 hours and see if it still works by just pressing shutter button, and ask if the shutter button is manual or electronic. He probably won't know second one so just ask if shutter button is hard plastic (manual,usually) or soft rubber pad (electronic)

If both questins answered right way I would give it a try,shouldn't be that hard to hack (MAYBE)

Price looks cheap enough to try one anyways

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I purchased an infinity XB last year, but it did not have a date feature on it.  However, it operates the same.  The camera does not have a sleep function and the flash does not need a refresh either.  However it was hard hard hard to wire.  I actually gave up on it after I could not trace the shutter pads to any spots on the board.  I think they use a multilayer board for this camera which makes it very difficult to tap into.  

davered1

Reaction score
TMkarren,

If jaggermax says it's tough  it probaly is really tough.He has tried a bunch of cameras.

thanks jaggermax

TmKarren

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.  

(Edited by TmKarren at 7:48 am on Mar. 16, 2002)

JERRYinNC

Reaction score
I have one of these in one of my cams It has some little holes in the top that i traced to the shudder. I just stuck a wire from one hole to the other till i found the two that triped it stuck the wire in the hole with some soulder and it seems to work fine. It does not shoutdown after it has been triggered for a long time so i have it hooked to a ms-20 in auto mode for a two min delay. It has been out for two weeks so i will go fet tommorow and let you know how the pics come out and try to post a pic of how i wired it.

BakersDozen

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone had some instructions on how to modify this camera?  I notice that DeerCam uses it.  It has all the bells, and whistles that I like.  Don't shut down,  don't need a refresh, for the flash.  Time, and date. Has the same picture count, and battery indicator as the Owl PF.  Only $30. brand new.

Also I was wondering if any one knew how to put together a battery low led??  That I could put on the box?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi BD,
Don't know anything about the XB (try a search of the forum)....

On the low-batt indicator....  Lumex makes a sharp integrated low batt detector & LED blinker - looks just like an LED but has 3 terminals - power, ground, and detection voltage (set with 2 resistors).  Available for 1.44US$ from Digi-key < http://www.digikey.com >  part# 67-1196-ND

Lumex low batt indicator: < http://www.lumex.com/pls/lumex/subproduct_...duct_id=1000589 >

Or... just use a Zener diode, resistor, LED, and pushbutton - but that would end up costing more...

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
BakersDozen,

That cam sounds interesting, where did you find it for sale?

Tinhorn

TmKarren

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone hacked these??  I ordered some they don't have any more.  :frown-blue:  oh well.  I'll have to look else where..  I posted questions about this camera?  JERRYinNC wired one.  Has anyone heard from him??  If your still out there it would be great if you could tell me  how to wire one. thank you.....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom