Omega and SST's, what can I expect ???

Bill in MI

Reaction score

I don't have access to a chrony so I was hoping for some info please:

I am just starting to shoot my stainless TC Omega & I am hoping to use the 300 gr SST's (they grouped and performed well on deer in my Black Diamond)

I use 777 pelets. What kind of ballistics can I expect w/ 100 gr, 130 gr, and 150 gr loads. I am mainly concerned w/ the amount of drop at 200 yrds and also my kinetic at that range but if you know any velocitys it would be GREAT!

Thank you for your help.

Bill in MI

Attachments

RandyWakeman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bill in MI@Aug 15 2004, 09:59 PM

I don't have access to a chrony so I was hoping for some info please:

I am just starting to shoot my stainless TC Omega & I am hoping to use the 300 gr SST's (they grouped and performed well on deer in my Black Diamond)

I use 777 pelets. What kind of ballistics can I expect w/ 100 gr, 130 gr, and 150 gr loads. I am mainly concerned w/ the amount of drop at 200 yrds and also my kinetic at that range but if you know any velocitys it would be GREAT!

Thank you for your help.

Bill in MI
I wish there was a way to just quickly give out accurate info, but there isn't. Velocities vary from gun to gun, along with most everything else. A chrono is the best thing you can buy, if you really want to know.

oldsnow

Reaction score
Bill I can't help you with any numbers, but I have a T/C Omega and Encore and I have killed deer at 200+yd. with both rifles. I shoot 130 gr. of Pyrodex pellets, with Hornady's 250gr. SST's. I shoot zero at 100yd. and at 200yd. both of these rifles drop 9". I have never shot a deer with this load that I didn't recover.

ExtremeShot

Reaction score
Originally posted by oldsnow@Aug 16 2004, 12:02 PM
Bill I can't help you with any numbers, but I have a T/C Omega and Encore and I have killed deer at 200+yd. with both rifles. I shoot 130 gr. of Pyrodex pellets, with Hornady's 250gr. SST's. I shoot zero at 100yd. and at 200yd. both of these rifles drop 9". I have never shot a deer with this load that I didn't recover.
Carrying mixed 50's and 30's has to be a pain in the butt?

Top Bottom