OMG!!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I have been letting deer walk everyday without sticking one,yesterday I let an 8 pt walk because i was thinking he would be bigger next year:jaw-drop:
 Have I gone trophy hunter?
 This is public land,Have I lost my fool head?
 This morning i had 3 does under my stand and 2 tags in my pack,and i let them walk,Where did I cross over,Am I doomed,is there any hope of returning to the meat hunter first,buck hunter second type person?
 This is deeply disturbing,I do not know this person inside,im a shell of a man.
 But firearms season is a ways off I tell myself,you kill deer from this stand every year,things will get better and that huge one will walk by.

Of course I just wanted to make you all read something.

(Edited by Passthru at 8:18 am on Oct. 13, 2001)

Chairman

Reaction score
Passthru - thanks for the reading material! :D

I've let a couple walk, so far.  BUT, my freezer gives me "that look" when I come home.  S-o-o-o, the next deer that walks in front of me is "meat on the table".

I've actually decided to take my hunting up a notch.  No little 'uns this year.

Good Luck & Safe Hunting

Chairman

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Man, it's rubbing off PassThru,

the guy I hunt with (from Rolla) has got several Pope and Youngs and is "Making" me pass too, altho he said I could take an 8ptr as long as it's an 18" spread,  ha ha  (would that be called a Pope and Youngin')

He has had 2 8ptr's and one 7 ptr UNDER his stand, how many do you think's been near me????  !!!!!

My wife wants some Deer Sausage tho and I may use 1 tag on a doe before long (if they still get under my stand by then :)

By the way, he told me last w/e that Boone & Crocket raised the score to 175, have you heard this?  new to me

See you in the RECORD books

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 No I hadnt heard that.Do you think it will ever stop raining?I was out tonight in the rain scouting into places i shouldnt,looking for beds ect ect... but no luck on spotting any good buck sign even though i know they are there.
 I got soaked to say the least,im thinking the deer have me figured out and i need a change of scenery.But the big ones are getting close to doing alot of moving.
 By the way,I lived in Doolittle for along time ending just 4 years ago.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Seen a Pope And Young class buck this morning,the problem was it was dark,and more importantly i was driving.he was big enough to make my
                                                        :jaw-drop:

(Edited by Passthru at 2:09 pm on Oct. 20, 2001)

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
I've let 3 walk by, all within 25 yds so far this year. I won't shoot anything smaller than whats already on the wall (that ain't sayin' much, my biggest is a 103" net 8pt).
I hunt public and private land, and know there are some BIG deer on these spots, so it makes it easier letting the little ones pass. Plus, if you hunt the same place year round, you get the chance to watch 'em grow!!  :smile-big-blue:

Top Bottom