On food stamps and still hungry

troll

Reaction score
I worked in a grocery store as a cashier. There were many single women who bought food for themselves and their kids. There were just as many who bought expensive steaks with food stamps as well.

rcrosby

Reaction score
What are you saying SCrosby that the taxpayers should pony up some more cash? How about this for the poor aspiring chef... Get a job!

"One in 11 Americans receive food stamps, according to federal statistics. As the economy weakens, more and more people are turning to this support system. Households receive an average of about $1 per person per meal. Individuals' payments are capped at $162 a month while a family of four can get a maximum of $542 a month."

That is sickening. 1/11 people can't feed themselves. Heck yesterday at Subway for lunch I finally fit in to eat at 2:00pm I was standing behind some lowlife that had his bank card denied for $11 and I was thinking get the hell out of the way I got to get back to work because I am pretty sure I was in some way contributing to about 50% of the meals in the place.

Here is a story that I heard yesterday from a customer... My husband got fired we didn't know what to do. But 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant and I was able to get Medical. It was such a blessing I went through the whole pregnancy and we never mentioned my husband had a new job and the whole thing cost zero out of pocket. And I quote, "God works in mysterious ways". God works in mysterious ways? I would say the tax payor just got raped in not so mysterious of a way. It is equivalent to robbing a bank then finding out you needed the money for a good cause and saying "God works in mysterious ways".

easymoney

Reaction score
It has been interesting to me the mentality of entitlement here in the USA. Poor and starving are very relative terms and for 99% of American citizens have a very blessed life.
That being said, there will always be those who won't work or those who are actually just lazy and prefer the government supply all their needs.
That government would be funded by us, the taxpayers...
Good stories rc...

scrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rcrosby @ May 6 2008, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What are you saying SCrosby that the taxpayers should pony up some more cash? How about this for the poor aspiring chef... Get a job!

"One in 11 Americans receive food stamps, according to federal statistics. As the economy weakens, more and more people are turning to this support system. Households receive an average of about $1 per person per meal. Individuals' payments are capped at $162 a month while a family of four can get a maximum of $542 a month."

That is sickening. 1/11 people can't feed themselves. Heck yesterday at Subway for lunch I finally fit in to eat at 2:00pm I was standing behind some lowlife that had his bank card denied for $11 and I was thinking get the hell out of the way I got to get back to work because I am pretty sure I was in some way contributing to about 50% of the meals in the place.

Here is a story that I heard yesterday from a customer... My husband got fired we didn't know what to do. But 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant and I was able to get Medical. It was such a blessing I went through the whole pregnancy and we never mentioned my husband had a new job and the whole thing cost zero out of pocket. And I quote, "God works in mysterious ways". God works in mysterious ways? I would say the tax payor just got raped in not so mysterious of a way. It is equivalent to robbing a bank then finding out you needed the money for a good cause and saying "God works in mysterious ways".[/b]
Hell no I dont think taxpayers should pay more!!! I am with you...get a job and stop being a tax consumer!!! If anybody should feel sorry for anyone...they should feel sorry for us because we have to support ourselves, our families, and these sorry sons of bitches.

rcrosby

Reaction score
Hey Easy you ever been down to Old Town San Diego? Pretty good mexican food down there. We spend a week down there every summer and since I can remember we go to old town. When I was about 8 or 9 I formed my opinion on welfare off of a sign that they put on the tables there.

"There once was a fellow name Rocco
and a pigeon who wanted his taco.
Said Rocco these words,
we don't feed the birds in fear it might bring a whole floco"

If that would just be our motto as a nation and our creed about worthless people who won't work we would be a lot more productive and in a lot better position in this nation".

troll

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Poor and starving are very relative terms and for 99% of American citizens have a very blessed life.[/b]
Very good point. There is relative poverty and real poverty. Very seldom is that fact discussed. The vast majority of people in the U.S. are not living in huts eating mud cookies like they are in Haiti. Compared to that, a trailer is a mansion.

easymoney

Reaction score
Pretty funny, rcrosby...
I too used to go to San Diego old town many moons ago, in fact I used to sneak into ol mexico thru tijuana when I was a kid, I guess that would make me an ILLEGAL entrant... Good thing security was so lax back then, oh I forgot, it still is.
And if I were a pigeon or a sea gull I would be careful I didn't wind up IN one of those tacos...

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom