?? on the law

willy

Reaction score
I need to find out if Jr. hunters need duck stamps. One F&G man said yes & aother said no go figure.

(Edited by willy at 5:55 pm on Dec. 12, 2001)

Duck Assassin

Reaction score
Stamps are needed only if the Jr hunter is 16 or over for Calif. None needed if under 16. They check my kids licence's every time at the check station.

Jay

Reaction score
There is a little caveat here. A Jr. hunter does not need state stamps as long as he/she can hunt with a Jr. license which includes the season in which they turn 16. But (and it's a big one) as soon as a Jr. hunter turns 16 he must have federal duck stamp. That's why on the back of the Jr. license there is a place for the federal duck stamp but not a space for any state stamps.

So for example:

1. The licenses come out in May.
2. Junoir may purchase a Jr license as long as he is not yet 16.
3. Junoir may hunt ducks without a federal stamp or state stamp.
4. Junoir turns 16 on January 19th.
5. Junoir must buy a federal duck stamp to hunt the last weekend of duck season but he does not need a state duck stamp.

Fubar

Reaction score
Do you really think they would give a kid a ticket if they had a birthday and didnt understand they needed a stamp? I hope not.  Happy Birthday          Fubar

MQ

Reaction score
Another screwy law is this thing about 16 year olds with junior licenses that cant hunt on junior day. It dont make much sense to me. If they have a junior license they should be able to hunt on junior day.....

limit7

Reaction score
The answer to the 16 year birthday citation.......YES!

Top Bottom