On the spot report- Eastern Sierra

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
We'll we've been up at the Mammoth condo since last friday night.  Brought the lap top since it would be very hard to stay away from JHP for 10 days.  Have been fishing Mammoth creek and Crowley lake.  Creek fishing is good for typical stockers.  Crowley has been very good.  Fished from shore at Hilton Bay yesterday evening.  We got 9 rainbows between 1#15oz. and 2#5oz. on nightcrawlers.  Perch fishing is also supposed to be excellent.  Will probably head back down there this evening.  
I'll keep you guys posted on the fishing up here.      

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Thanks for the 411. Sounds like your having a great time fishing. How is the wind up there?

hronk

Reaction score
Fished from 8-11am this morning in McGee, 6 ft of water. Caught 20+ Rainbows and 2 browns from 13 to 20 inches using midges.  My partner fished in a float tube in little Mcgee and had a real good day also.  Water is a lot clearer than last week.  Bishop, look for a Bass Tracker or a red GMC pick-up the next 2 days.  I'll fish from 8-noon each day.....hronk

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Well, we've had thunder showers most of the week.  Typical mountain showers,rain real hard for 15-20 minutes, then clear up.
Sorry I missed you Hronk.  We've been mountain biking most of the days and fishing in the evenings. Tried Lake Mary yesterday.  Caught a few stockers, wind and clouds off and on.  
Thonz, wind at Crowley is intermittent.  Gets windy when clouds come over, then calm. Hasn't been blowing hard enough to force you off the lake.
Karstic, haven't seen any deer, but I have in the past seen them in the sage around the airport.
If anyone gets up to Mammoth this summer  "The Stove" restaurant has a great prime rib special $10.95, 5pm-7pm.  It's the best prime rib I've ever had.  
Right now it's raining off and on.  Should clear up in the afternoon.

EVAN III

Reaction score
  Hey Pop,

You think that special will be there around the end of sept.?(Won't need it providing I can get some fish on the BBQ):eat-burger:  Hows the creek doing up there? Anyway Check your E-Mail I sent you some dates.

EVAN III

(Edited by EVAN III at 6:11 am on July 19, 2002)

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Hit Convict lake today.  Weather was great, no rain or wind.  The 4 of us limited out on power bait.  Mostly stockers with the exception of one 2# out of Convict creek.

Evan, the creeks are doing good.  By the time you get here school will be back in session, so the vacation crowds should be gone.  The prime rib special should be year round.  It was on when we came up in May.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom