On X and BLM Land

DJE

Reaction score
Hoping for some insight from y'all regarding BLM land. I recently started using On X and frankly there are patches of BLM land all over the place. I have the following questions.

1. Are all BLM lands open to hunting for the public?
2. If BLM land is in or near the borders of a town where the discharge of a firearm would be illegal, would it be legal assuming you shoot within BLM property(assuming far enough away from dwellings, roads, etc)
3. If a private road accesss the BLM property is it legal to use that road, or would that be trespassing?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Landlocked BLM land is not accessible if surrounded by private property that is posted, fenced, or under cultivation.

gdt

Reaction score
1. Yes, all BLM lands are open to public. Hunting is legal as long as there are no other restrictions.
2. Not sure on this one.
3. You may not travel a private road to access a BLM land, that is trespassing. The only way to utilize a BLM property, surrounded by private property is by accessing through the air, ie a helicopter.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Use to be a guy in A-zone with a helicopter that would drop you off for a couple of days on landlocked BLM property.

sabbathu

Reaction score
1. Yes, all BLM lands are open to public. Hunting is legal as long as there are no other restrictions.
2. Not sure on this one.
3. You may not travel a private road to access a BLM land, that is trespassing. The only way to utilize a BLM property, surrounded by private property is by accessing through the air, ie a helicopter.
I always thought you could travel through an open/non gated road that passes through private property to access BLM land, as long as there were "no trespassing signs". I mean, there are tons of thoroughfares and canyon roads that pass through private property that we drive through all the time.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
If the road is a public road you can drive it. If it is a private road then you may not be able to legally drive that road. Lots of private driveways that you are not allowed to drive on no matter where the driveway ends. Private property owners are closing more and more roads every year. Some legally and some are questionable.

Top Bottom