One Month to Dove!

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Well, its almost that time of year again...Last year we went to Blythe and we had a good time.. The birds werent out like in past years but we did manage to get limits. Heading back there again...Anyone gonna be in Blythe opening morning?..Let me know...

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Hoghunter,

I'll be there with a bunch of guys (including Brian S).  We're staying at the Super 8.  I've got a black '96 F-150 with a JHP sticker on it, look for us.

Regards,
Paul

hntndux

Reaction score
I'll be near Sacto. on some private land.  The land has changed hands, but the previous farmer doesn't think they'll be a problem and offered to do the talking for me.  I just hope the safflower is harvested in time.  My other spot in the same area wasn't planted this year due to the slumping grain prices, but it may have to be a fall back area.  Now I just need to get the 28ga out and break some clays!

Mojave

Reaction score
The best choke depends on what range and cover you are shooting from. I hunt desert cottonwood groves with medium brush cover, no shot over 50 yards. I use a 20 gauge 2 3/4, #8 shot (usually) and a modified choke. Heavy wind or spooky birds, I switch to #7 shot, but keep the mod. choke.

SoCalTed

Reaction score
As I mentioned in a few other forums, I'll be down in El Centro with my family  If you find yourselves there on the 31st (sat night) look us up... we're trying to get a group dinner together for JHP'rs in the area.

click here for that forum--> JHP Events: El Centro Dove Opener

Top Bottom