One More Tag 2Fill

superduty

Reaction score
We are planning on one more trip up to Tejon on Friday get this date, the 13th. We will be camping from the 13th through the 15th. It will probably be our last chance to enjoy the Ranch this year. Were still looking to fill one more pig tag and wanted to know if anybody else will be trying to make it up that weekend. The pig forum is kinda slow around here lately so maybe we can pick it up with acouple more pictures. Anybody else thinking of going??

Tree Doc

Reaction score
Hopefully that date will be unlucky for some Pig!

Eric Mayer

Reaction score
We'll be up there Sunday for some small game shooting. Probably hit the campground so I can finally meet you guys. Unless you tag out early!!

Good luck!

Eric A. Mayer

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Superduty,

Goodluck, bring home the bacon. If I was a member at Tejon, I would be up there in 2 seconds flat....Go get em!!!!

jaehunt

Reaction score
Superduty,

Hopefully will finally get the chance to meet you. I will be up there those dates as well. Not sure if staying at our cabin or the Best Rest Inn, depends on how many people are staying up at the cabin. Keep an eye out for me, I'll be in my black Jeep Cherokee with lift and roof rack.

Not sure if I'll be piggy hunting or not, our freezer is overflowing at this point. Was up there last weekend and saw very few pigs, think it was because the moon was HUGE. My folks have been up there since Tuesday and they say the pigs are all over the place. My mom just shot a big (supposedly 200lb.) boar with 2-3" teeth on Wednesday. I will try to post some pics when I get to see them.

Take care,
Jason

Westy

Reaction score
would anyone know what a family hunting package would cost?(at tejon ranch)dates,timelines,bag limits etc.. thanks rick

bighorn67

Reaction score
The "explorer lease" is $950 which includes camping, fishing in ponds and streams and varmint hunting. Hogs are an additional $400 each. The lease runs from February til August.

Dave

NatureDriven

Reaction score
Superduty,

Just wanted to give you postive vibes for your hunt this weekend and share a little info and pic's of pigs I took no more than 72 hours ago at Tejon. I've been up there the past week and the pigs are definitly on the move. I've spotted pigs each time I've driven through bear trap at ALL times of the day. As you know, that canyon stays shady pretty much all day and has a steady stream flowing through it. After looking on a map, there aren't really any springs in that canyon and could explain why the pigs have been so prevalent there lately. One things is FOR SURE, they are movin' all over that ranch.
You'll be happy to know that many of the pigs that have been seen are large single boars.

Like I said, I would share some pics of pigs I stocked a couple days ago. I chose not to shoot as they were around 100 to 140 lbs and I was lookin' for MR. BIG. Luckily for me, waiting for Mr. Big paid off.

Go to this address to check out the pics if you'd like:

http://community.webshots.com/user/naturedriven

The photo album labeled "August at Tejon" has the pics of pigs on the move with a nice black and white in the mix, along with some deer in velvet, turkey and other wildlife.

The photo album labeled "August WILD BOAR - Big Boy" has the pics of the boar I killed.

Good hunting this weekend! I'm sure you'll see my brother JaeHunt at some point.

NatureDriven

Latest Posts

Top Bottom