One Nation Under Ted

One Track

Reaction score
You guys were right. Ted rocks as hard now as he probably did back in the day.

The show was last night at House of Blues in San Diego. It's a very small venue, where the worst seat is only 21 yds away. I snuck into a spot in the VIP section in the side balcony about 15 feet from Ted, and just above him! It was perfect. I would guess 99% of the people at the show were there for the music. The average age was about 50, and there were a lot of long-haired musician-type lookin' rockers. I was there to see Ted, the man, the Backstrap Eatin' Blood Brother that all of us can appreciate. I only saw two other guys with camo hats and that was it. I was wearing a camo shirt and a cowboy hat. About an hour into the show, he looked up at me, I drew my air bow. He let his guitar hang and drew his air bow and yelled "My huntin' buddies are in the house! Do you feel the spirit? Is the spirit of the wild in you? Let's rock around the gut pile...." It was awesome. We had a connection. When he sang about Fred Bear, or any other huntin' type songs, he'd look up at me and give me the nod. I was under his power. I was locked in. It was frickin' awesome. I tried like hell to get backstage. I went through every door and stairwell I could find. I finally found the door to the green room, but was turned around by a very wide Samoan.

All in all, I found a new respect for Ted the Musician. At 60 years old, he had 500 people totally captivated for two hours. He ripped on that guitar non-stop and his energy was over the top. I was blown away.

foulshot

Reaction score
Thats sweet!

And where are the pics????

"A very wide Samoan"...... Are there any other kind?

One Track

Reaction score
If only I had a fancy camera phone.

Yes, but this was a VERY wide Samoan. He had to stand sideways in the hallway. I didn't argue with him.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Sounds like a great show. I know I was impressed in January.

He definitely still knows how to rock!

Buck-eye

Reaction score
That is a cool story bro. I actually felt like I was next to you. Glad you got to experience more than a show.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Here is a nice pic of Ted and Fred back in the day.

fpscabs

Reaction score
OneTrack
I enjoyed your adventure, even to the point of seeing you in my mind just going nuts (maybe a bit glassy-eyed). I actually stopped and thought about my first adventure with Ted almost 30 years ago. The Sleeping in front of Sears in Pasadena, waiting for TicketMasters (I think) on Monday morning to open its doors. Then, later going to the show at Long Beach Arena in my first car (1969 Dodge Polara with a 383). It was a great time. But I think your experience was much better.

Really enjoyed it.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Way kewl BRent. The Motor City Madman is still "Switched On". A wall of Marshall stacks will do that.

He played our Friday night 4 screen drive in in Missouri in early 70s. They'd have a band or two some Fridays. Back then Ted's band was the Amboy Dukes out of Detroit. He was 14, his mom and dad had to drive him to the gigs around there

Shay Mann

Reaction score
One Track, you are right, there is nothing like a Nuge concert. Something you don't forget.

I've seen Ted twice. Once he opened for KISS, and the other time for ZZ Top. At the ZZ Top concert, thanks to my buddy Cam, we got to hang out backstage and B.S. with Ted for 40 minutes or so. Missed the entire ZZ Top concert. Oh well. OregonCritters was there with us.

[attachment=52400:Ted._low_res.jpg]
[attachment=52401:Ted_Conc..._Low_Res.jpg]

Attachments

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the 3 large dudes at the Hard Rock when we went in to see Ted. I had permission from the Outdoor CHannel to bring in a videocam under a media pass to just film the awards, I just couldn't film the bands that would play after. As we waited in line I had the camera under a jacket. The 3 squashed nose guys saw the lump instantly and started talking in to their hands. They pulled us over and verified I had permission. One was Somoan if I remember right, built like a Fridgadaire, family deiuxe model.

One Track

Reaction score
Shay:

You and Jody are two lucky fellers. I was hoping Ted was going invite me backstage to bs and shoot his Red, White and Blue bow. I had it all worked up in mind. I was going to invite him to go fishing up at my dad's private lake, and so on, and so on. A guy can dream.

CAhntr

Reaction score
OneTrack, that is frickin' awesome!

Something I'm sure you will never forget!

Eric

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
That's awesome bro. He appears to have more energy than a nuclear reactor.

Maybe you will have a letter inviting you to Sunrise Safari's one of these days, I'll keep the dream going for you.

I think he'd like shooting the shat with you.

Top Bottom