treestandman2

Reaction score
I am still getting a large white spot on all my pictures from my D-370.  It happens about 8:00 on the picture and I have tried cleaning everything.  The camera takes fine pictures outside of the housing and pictures without the flash in the housing are no problem but with every flash picture I get that big white spot.  Could it be that the light is going through the glass and should I be using two separate pieces of glass, one for the flash and one for the lense?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi TSM,
Definately use 2 pieces.  There is probably a minor imperfection in the glass that is causing the spot when the flash is used.

Archilochus

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
i'm not using a digital but i had the same problem with my owls. i solved it by using a mouse pad w/holes cut out for the flash and lens but u have to cut the lens hole just right to seal out the flash. i use only 1 piece of glass.
gumbo

kfen

Reaction score
Last year I made several cameras and all with 1 piece. Pretty good pictures But this year I will use two pieces and I think it will improve the pictures

treestandman2

Reaction score
I went back and used two pieces of glass and sealed the lense hole as well as the flash hole and it works great. What about the little hole above the lense, I am guessing it is an auto focus, I covered it and so far so good any ideas on this?  I might try another post if no responce on this one.  All i need is a way to get rid of the coons and not scare away the deer!!!

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
2 PIECES!!   THE FLASH BLEED WILL SHOW UP ON 1 PIECE OF GLASS...PLACE SOMETHIN BETWEEN 2 PIECES...BLOCK THE FLASH FROM RUNNING THROUGH THE GLASS....FIBER OPTIC LIKE...STEVE

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Two lenses, and I run a bead of black silicone between them. This gets me great pics

Top Bottom