onecoyote- Danny B

jimm

Reaction score
Danny,

Hey hows it going? I heard your building a rig. I am too--the right way. I had a couple questiosn I wanted to run by you if you dont mind- Do you have an email?

Jimm

BDOG

Reaction score
Danny! Are you really in New Mexico or the high desert ?. Is your rig like the one on varmint masters ?. Have you read the new regs ?. Interesting I know QUESTION , QUESTIONS , QUESTIONS . BDOG

BDOG

Reaction score
Danny I saw your post on the (other) board. You did move. That may explain the recent explosion of coyotes in the high desert. I have been seeing them everywhere. Good luck and keep us posted. BDOG

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Lol, Yes I'm in New Mexico working my butt off in this motel business and yes I'm building a new varmint rig. Got alot of things in the works out here, I'll keep everybody posted,

larrysogla

Reaction score
Onecoyote,
Just how, what is in Carizzozo? Must be lots of good places and wide open spaces.
Do paint us picture-words of that heavenly Land of Enchantment you planted yourself into. Calif. is fast filling up with folks and more folks. Would like to hear from all you Calif. runaways.
God Bless. larrysogla.

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Larrysogla, I didn't want to leave California, I was forced out of my own state. No place on earth has what California has, plus the fact some of the countrys best hunters and fisherman come from the golden state. After the civil war, I may go back. As for New Mexico, it's a very pretty state with it's mountians, high deserts and friendly people. It's a place to get away from it all, but people are finding out about it fast. Carrizozo is a small old RR town of about a 1000 people in south central NM. Lots of cattle ranches at the base of the mountians, Billy the Kid country. Carrizozo got it's name from a type of grass that grows out here called Carrizo. I can tell you this, if you want a huge antelope this is the place to be.

larrysogla

Reaction score
Onecoyote,
Thanks for your nice reply. How does antelope taste, never had any??? I am not into trophies, but into cooking & eating them animals. I am sure, just like you said, it is paradise.
God Bless. larrysogla.

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I've only killed one antelope in my life up in Wyoming and it tasted just like what they called it....a Goat...lol. Some people like it, I don't care for it . I'm into eating good game meat myself, but if a nice trophy happens to go with it...more the better.

Bob in TX

Reaction score
Hey Danny,

I forgot to thank you for moving to New Mexico. All the coyotes in New Mexico heard you left California and are beating feet over the border to Texas!!

Muchas Gracias, Amigo!!

Bob
San Antonio, TX

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Dang....Does that mean I have to move to Texas so they cross back into NM
lol

larrysogla

Reaction score
Onecoyote,
Do you guys actually keep the pelt or is this just a coyote shoot fest when varmint hunting??? If pelt is kept, is this for a rug or wall hanger??? I just have not seen a coyote rug or coat???? Am an ignoramus, as you can tell.
larrysogla.

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
It all depends larrysogla. Back when I was hunting for bragging rights, we killed so many predators we didn't have enough room in the bed of the pick-up for them all. By the late 70s the price of bobcat and coyote pelts went way up there and they were worth casing. 10 bucks for a coyote is one thing and 50 bucks is another. Bobcats went through the roof, some were going over 300 big ones. A guy can make money on pelts other ways too by selling them himself. Yes they make bobcat and coyote jackets. A bobcat jacket is gonna set you back a bunch of money. Some guys case everything they shoot, others don't and some of us it all depends.

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
FresnoHunter, why would I want to met ShotgunWilly? He needs to met me lol. I'm the one that's been in this sport for more then 40 years, I'm the one that was nominated for the hall of fame, I'm the one that shot the two headed coyote, I'm the one the placed on more then 70 contest hunts, I'm the one thats killed 50,000 coyotes

Tom swifter

Reaction score
Hey Danny,

You near US40? D'ya give senior discounts? Might be passing thru next spring...

Tom

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Hey Tom, how you doing old buddy. You guys keeping that High Desert Club going? I'm south of 40 maybe 100 miles and yes you get a room for free, can't discount it no more then that lol.

Top Bottom