Opener = Crazy Behaviour!

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe it's not a great idea to bring attention to "Crazy Behaviour", but it's always fun to hear about! I've got a long list of topics! I'll tell you one thing, I'm putting a moving pad over the windshield of my P.U. What have you guys witnessed?

perdizgunner

Reaction score
As part of my survival kit, I carry a large green canvas tarp in my truck box. Last year I draped it over my truck's windshield and over as much as I could on dove opener in Yuma. Good item to have...

Sarghunter

Reaction score
There are 2 Types of Dove Hunters Ones that have Never Been STUCK and Ones that GO Places Others Havent BEEN.

This was 2019 in Blythe, OH to the Memories

Sarghunter

Reaction score
Here is the Video for the Prior POST after being stuck in 105 Degree temp for 5 hours. The ground was Silty and tires could not get Traction. Again Good Karma helped us OUT today with a Local farmer coming to the Rescue and pulling our BOYS OUT

Attachments

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Do you guys give any special award for getting stuck, or high recognition status for feats of daring. Your cook, with that Big Ol' chicken suite, should definitely get something for wearing that thing in the heat! I wouldn't get in that suite with anything less than a case of coolies!
Hey I shot the opener about 10 years ago just north of Niland on one of those DF&G heritage fields before I knew better. These characters show up in the dark and set up dead center in the middle of the field before light. In the meantime, before shooting light, every man and his dog set up around the perimeter of this field shoulder to shoulder. I mean the place was packed. When the first flight of birds came through these guys got peppered from all four directions. Didn't take to long for them to head for the outer boundaries of the field. I don't think any of them got badly wounded, nobody ventured out there after that. These guys should have got some type of award, the KnotHead award!

Sarghunter

Reaction score
Do you guys give any special award for getting stuck, or high recognition status for feats of daring. Your cook, with that Big Ol' chicken suite, should definitely get something for wearing that thing in the heat! I wouldn't get in that suite with anything less than a case of coolies!
Hey I shot the opener about 10 years ago just north of Niland on one of those DF&G heritage fields before I knew better. These characters show up in the dark and set up dead center in the middle of the field before light. In the meantime, before shooting light, every man and his dog set up around the perimeter of this field shoulder to shoulder. I mean the place was packed. When the first flight of birds came through these guys got peppered from all four directions. Didn't take to long for them to head for the outer boundaries of the field. I don't think any of them got badly wounded, nobody ventured out there after that. These guys should have got some type of award, the KnotHead award!

Sarghunter

Reaction score
Limited,

Those are some Good Ideas .......

Right now it is just Shared on our Page as a Memory to Cherish

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Anybody ever have someone, you don't know, that is shooting near you come over and grab your downed bird and act like they actually shot it? This has happened to me a bunch of times. At first I got pissed, then I got thinking, you know what, I'll shoot their limit and my limit as well. They got home and found out they shot 8 shells and got 15 birds! Dummies! ............Choot Em'

AS73

Reaction score
Anybody ever have someone, you don't know, that is shooting near you come over and grab your downed bird and act like they actually shot it? This has happened to me a bunch of times. At first I got pissed, then I got thinking, you know what, I'll shoot their limit and my limit as well. They got home and found out they shot 8 shells and got 15 birds! Dummies! ............Choot Em'
That is funny you mention that. Years ago It would piss me off also, My goal was limiting out earily. Now a days it don't bother me at all. Yes the goal is still to limit, However I don't need to do it in the first 30 mins. When I hunt with the kids and we both shoot its almost always their bird. Wanna keep them excited and wanting to hunt more.

uplandgb

Reaction score
Getting pelleted is always fun especially when you have to dig them out of your arm or shoulder with your buck knife, even worse if you don't know the person.

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I love seeing those guys around me shooting parallel to the ground!

dblsmk

Reaction score
I love seeing those guys around me shooting parallel to the ground!
You may love those guys, but I all but quit field shooting especially when a crowd moved in and went to the edges away from THEM. I found 25-30 or more yrs. ago that a lot of the time my decoys could bend the flight pattern just enough to offer some shooting. Meanwhile I could watch the crazies shootin' at each other.

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I used to frequent those areas, before I knew better! Some fond memoirs though! That low angle shooting is some pretty dangerous behavior!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom