Opening day success

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey all, Saturday was our season opener, I shot the third longbeard that I had within gun range. I was calling for my dad, and the first one we got screwed on by hunters sneaking in on us.  The second one busted me move at 20yards. The third one, I ended up shooting him at 20yards. He was 10 1/4, 7/8", 20lbs. It's a long season, I guess I will have to go and call for my buddies.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Umm, Bob ole BUDDY ole chum.

Take pity on me.  I line in TMA 7-B.  It's tough hunting let alone finding birds.

Have gun... will travel  :smile-blue:smile-big-blue:

ToddP

gizz

Reaction score
Way to go htobob.
I Haven't had much luck yet but it's very early in the season. I'll be out again Friday!
For some reason the birds seem a little quiet where I usually hunt. Wonder if the HOT weather from a couple weeks ago go things off to an early start? Of course based on what you've done shoots that excuse all to heck and back. :confused-yellow:

RSB

Reaction score
Congrats h2obobh2o good bird. The season is over in Miss,that is where I hunt. It was a good season (got one) just did not get out there as much as I wanted.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey Gizz,

I got my bird up in Elk County, in the Alleghany National Forest, they were really sounding off on Saturday, but then on Monday and Tuesday they weren't to active. I think it will only get better as the hens start going to nest. ToddP, a guy at work lives in Mt. Holly springs, and hunts somewhere in Colonel Denning, he has worked birds every morning before work. Have you ever checked out that area?

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Who's the guy?  Mt. Holly isn't that big and that is where I grew up.  Currenly live outside of Holly.

Haven't been up around Col. Denning.  Am thinking about checking out Western Perry Co. but have no place in particular picked out.  I have Bowhunter Instructor Ed. Class tomorrow so I'm not hunting.  Haven't been out yet.  Hopelfully next Saturday.

Later,
Todd

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats on your turkey h2obobh2o. Perserverence pays off again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom