optional enclosure lookalike Pelican

bat

Reaction score
Ok I mentioned a few weeks ago in a post I had ordered some enclosures that I would tell you about when they came in.  They almost look like the Pelican except the latches are a little narrower and really really tight when latched down.  Got a purge valve, handle, foam, locking holes, etc. the same as the Pelican.  They even have two strap plates on the back side of the enclosure, you could run up to 1 1/2'' webbing type belts thru those for fastening to a tree.  The downside to that is you can only mount the contents facing the front unless you found a way to remove strap plates.  The inside measurements are 8 3/4'' H, 6'' W, and 3'' deep.  Cost:  $14 plus shipping.  I ordered three...$50.70 total to my address.  That is the cost of the Black case, they also have Camo type that looks real good...higher priced.  They sent me 3 camo for the price of the Black ones because I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to get a computer back up...lost all their order data had to feed all orders back in.  Just one thing!  They are in the Deercam business so I would not mention what I wanted them for unless they asked hehe!  Shhh I'm using mine for Pistol cases....  Highlander Sports  1-800-758-2346  ''P.S. make sure you ask for the foam if you order one, they did put it in for me for the same price.''

(Edited by bat at 9:35 pm on Feb. 22, 2002)

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Bat,
Isnt that the same highlander sports that sells the Photo Scout Game camera?
Are they dumping all their old cases?

INshedpicker

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how you came about that they were selling cases.  Their website makes no mention of them.

bat

Reaction score
Hey ole bat is pretty sneaky msfelton, shrtcirkt. These are NEW cases shrtcirkt.  Yes they do make a gamecam and probably generally not in the business of selling the enclosures but they will sell you one.  I can't remember if the Photo Scout cam is the one they make or not.  I saw one in our local hardware store and got the phone # off the box and just inquired to see if they would sell me a couple of the enclosures.  They said sure and give me the price and I jumped on it.  One thing make sure you ask about putting the foam in it if you order one.  ''I'd better go back to my other post and make mention of this.''  They do come without foam if you do ask for it.  

bat

Reaction score
shrtcirkt,
I went to their web site and checked.  That's the case I got.  

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Bat,
If I remember right, that case is about the size of the pelican 1520. Thats a great price....
wonder how many we can get before they wise up LOL...
Oooppppssss.... shhhhh, maybe they watch this forum:X

davered1

Reaction score
bat,

Do these guys have a website? Can  order them online?

bat

Reaction score
shrtcirkt, it is bigger than the 1120 and I just compared the case to the 1120 I have and it looks identical except for the size and the back which I mentioned in the previous post.  They told me they had these were made for them that it would accept glueing better than the Pelican
davered1, they do have a website but they do not, I don't think have a link to just buy the enclosure, use the number above and ask for Steve or Smoke.  I'm adding the measurement for the outside here if anybody needs them.....9 1/4'' h, 7 1/2'' w, 4 1/2'' deep this includes everything, latches, brackets total size..see interior measurements in earlier post.  

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Bat, Sounds like the case size you wrote down is in between the pelican 1120 and the 1150. I like using the 1150, but this case may work out very nice too. Did they tell you what the price for the Camo case is?

Archilochus

Reaction score
And I always though they were using a Pelican box.  I bet Pelican is not too pleased about what is obviously a knock-off of their product.

Thanks for the tip - I'd better get some quick, they'll catch on soon!

Archilochus

(Edited by Archilochus at 11:00 am on Feb. 23, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
shrtcirkt...no I did not ask for the price of it sorry.  It looks the same as the 1150.  In fact I think they might be getting them from Pelican just leaving the name off of it, maybe for a discount price.  They first told me they built their own, but the last time I talked with them they indicated they had them built specially for the applications.  I cannot tell a different between the Pelican and this enclosure.  One other thing I just saw the foam is a precut type foam...by this I mean it has cut squares 3/8'' thru-out the big piece of foam probably to help in doing the cutouts for the camera to set in.    

arch...I will try to get my buddy to take some pictures of it tomorrow and send them to someone to post if someone will vol. to do that for me.  The camo is a dull color that looks pretty darn good.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
bat is this the box you got? If it is I'm ordering some right away.Thanks!!!

bat

Reaction score
TNDEERHUNTER,
I sent you some pictures of the enclosure if you can post them for me!  The camo looks like a type of TreeBark design I believe, I might be wrong, I use a different type of camo in clothing but I have seen this design in clothing before.  Hope this help you in deciding if you want them or not.  

T

the hairless one

Bat,
Could you also email the pics of the box? i am trying to decide what to use on my next one.

rick

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
bat, I received your e-mail. As soon as I get home from work I'll post the pics. Nice looking box!!!!!

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with Highlander Sports(the company with the boxes)They said the Black boxes are $14.50 and the Camo boxes are $24.00.So I ordered one of each.When I get home from work I will post the pics that bat e-mailed me. P.S. They asked me what I was using them for and I think I mentioned uh uh uh pistol cases. Hahahaha.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I CALLED THEM AROUND LUNCH.  WHO DID YOU TALK TO.  I SPOKE WITH STEVE.  SMOKE WAS OUT OF THE OFFICE UNTIL FRIDAY.  STEVE TOLD ME THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY IN RIGHT NOW.  HE TOLD ME THAT HE COULN'T EVEN GIVE ME A PRICE AND THAT THE FOAM WOULDN'T COME IN THEM.  IF YOU SPOKE TO SOMEONE DIFFERENT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  THANKS.

Stever

Reaction score
can we order these directly from pelican. Say camo boxes for pistols?
May save the highlander markup.

bat

Reaction score
uh oh SIMPLEARKANSAN, they sound like they are catching on to what we are doing.  I talked to Steve one time and Smoke I believe took my order so the desk lady said.  This savings might be short lived??  Stever, I don't know if Pelican sells this box to Highlander or not.  I guess we could inquire to them and check to see if they do and would they sell to the public.  I'll put that on my do list.  Hope a few of you got some of them anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom