Orange County Bow Hunters

Buck-eye

Reaction score
I did a search here on the sight. but nothing came up. I have looked in to a few places via the Internet and wanted to get your opinions on where to get my bow work done.
I have just signed up at the El Toro Archery range, anyone a member?

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
There is Red Stagg Archery in Fountain Valley, right next to Turners. Good selection of goodies, I know they are a Darton dealer. They have an indoor range (25 yds???) in the back.

FYI - one resource I use in place of the Yellow Pages is Yahoo. Simply enter in your city and then choose the "yellow pages" option (I've attached a screen shot).

Attachments

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked in to the Red Stagg, and it seems to be nice.

Native Instinct

Reaction score
I have not been there but found a shop in the yellow pages in tustin. I think it was called the Archery Shop. I live in OC but bought my set up in San Diego. I had incredible customer service the day I bought my bow etc. A few weeks later when I returned to the store I was invisible. I am also looking for an archery store in O.C. for future products and services. Let us know what you find.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
How wierd. I also bought my set up in SD, and moved to OC 6 months ago. Together, we should be able to come up with something.

Joe

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
** UPDATE **

Red Stagg is now Orange County Archery, popped in the other day and noticed the change. I think she said it's been a few months.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
If ya feel like taking a little drive, go check out Riverside Archery. They are located off the 60 fwy and Market street, their one block north, then west on Atlas, they are at the end of the street. Great shop. inside range, they have an instructor there, if you buy a bow you get some free lessons, which dont hurt anyone to have and you also get some free time on the range.

Riverside Archery
1919 Atlas Dr.
Riverside, Ca. (909) 684-9192

Owned and operated by Wally and Donna Schwartz

Sat 10-5
Tues 11-830
Wed-Fri 2-830

I would rate them a

You may want to give them a call about the hours, I left California 2 years ago.

Greenleaf

Inactive
Reaction score
I'll throw in my recommendation for Red Stagg, AKA Orange County Archery.

Stay away from Hi Tech Archery.
I had a real bad experience with them when I bought my bow. They put the knocking point way offline. They set my Hoyt cams for two different draw lengths.

I had to custom order a left handed bow so while waiting for it, I called and gave them a list of components (sight, rest) that I wanted and asked if they had them in stock or if I should have them order them so they'd be there when the bow came in. They assured me that, no problem, we have all that in stock. The day my bow came, they didn't have any of the items in stock and hadn't even heard of some of the things I asked for.

When my bow came in, they called and said to come in at a certain time and they'd have it set up. That time came so I called to make sure. They hadn't started it yet and said to give them an hour. I waited and hour and drove there and they hadn't even started yet.

Red Stagg has been great.

Long Haul

Reaction score
Wow, it's been a couple of years since anyone has posted to this. Any new stores or ranges?

richw

Reaction score
Hi tech archery in fulerton is a very good shop the owner is a big time hunter and the have 3d league there also

Rich

Long Haul

Reaction score
I'll have to drop in over there. I'm trying to get back into bowhunting (as if SoCal hunting needed more of a challenge).

BADBuckfever

Reaction score
Orange county bow shops

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FS discount archery

HOURS(Pacific Coast Time) Mon. thru Fri..8:00am-5:00pm
Pro Shop hours: Mon. thru Fri..8:30am-4:30pm
Customer Service 714-838-8644
Phone Orders: 800-824-8261 or 714-838-8644
Fax Orders: 714-838-0020 24 hours / 7 days a week.
Mail Order: Send to: F/S Archery 2852-A walnut ave Tustin CA 92780
Use Order Form in catalog. Additional info: 714-838-8644

I have several dozen arrows from them and misc accessories. Good work, good prices, but slow to answer the phones.

Hi tech in Fullerton is good I have never bought arrows from them. they re-strung my compound bow for a fair price w/ no problems. they have a range, but there are two archery ranges in OC open to the public and outdoors - mile square pk and another one at 22 fwy and grand blvd. I forgot the name maybe santiago park - entrance on park ave.
:thumbs up2:
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Archery Outpost

Another place you guys might want to check out is Archery Outpost in Los Alamitos. Just opened a few weeks back. They have 36 indoor lanes and they do great work. They helped me out last week and without a doubt I'll be going back to them for future bow tweaks and tuning. They are having their Grand Opening celebration March 20.

www.archeryoutpost.net

BIGCIM

Reaction score
My uncle and I both bought our bows at different times from Hi-tech. We were pleased each time.

Rodburner

Reaction score
I had work done by HI-Tech one time was treated well i would return, i cant' find anyone close to Murrieta but i work in north O.C. on sat. so i just take care of it then
as far as ranges i here the Oranco range off the 71 in Corona is open to the public on sundays for a fee

Wild1

Reaction score
Another vote for Hi-Tech. I just bought a new Z7 from them, very good shop. Be sure to have the owner, Joe, help you.

CalTurkey

Reaction score
Hi Tech :thumbs up with shad

They took care of warranty work on a Mission X3 bought somewhere else and set me up with my new Monster 6.

I also took a class there and got some good advice on my form.

Very helpful.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I think Buck-eye has moved 7 times since he posted this question.......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom