Orange grove squeaks in socal

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I thought I put a dent in their numbers last year but nooooooo. Little ones running everywhere now with plenty of adults. I waded in using the fx wildcat .25 cal pellet gun. I can't blast away with the .17 here, homes are kind of close. About 20 acres I can shoot on. God are the young ones dumb, but that target is tiny compared to a big fat avocado muncher.

Attachments

cjack

Reaction score
NICE! Trail cameras set up for squirrels. Looks like fun.

canamrider07

Reaction score
Nice. I grew up in Escondido in the citrus and Avocado orchards and hunted squirrels and rabbits all day long. I used the my dad's Sheridan pellet gun, very fun. Now I can crack my sliding glass door and shoot them in the backyard. They are impossible to get rid of....

Attachments

P304X4

Reaction score
I've got a yard full of those short nose bushy tailed rats.....they come in close enough that a few extra pumps on the cheapy crossman usually does the trick.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Ugh...man.. all these pics got me itchin' to get back out there with the .17 HMR and try again to make those 100+ yds shots I was taking at the end of the afternoon last time. Was missing by the tiniest amounts. Later on realized it was probably windage pushing me a little over. That's the thing with the squeeks.. they are really kinda good training for your marksmanship skills since they are so narrow in size. And the practice it gives ya with re-adjusting to get your shooting sticks moved around and then re-planted and acquiring target again is invaluable for later on upon bigger game.

Heck might even say EFF it and bring the Umarex Octane .22 Break-Barrel. Ugh, but this weekend got too much stuff I gotta fix and address at home, grr.

boarkillerken

Reaction score
I thought I put a dent in their numbers last year but nooooooo. Little ones running everywhere now with plenty of adults. I waded in using the fx wildcat .25 cal pellet gun. I can't blast away with the .17 here, homes are kind of close. About 20 acres I can shoot on. God are the young ones dumb, but that target is tiny compared to a big fat avocado muncher.
i love my fx airguns i have the crown in30 and the t12 whisper in 22 and a vulcan 25

Limited Out

Reaction score
I just have a knock around old Gamo .17, sure is good entertainment popping a few of those suckers, keeps em' out of Mama's garden.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom