Oregon velvet bucks

OR186

Reaction score
Good year for antler growth up here.These pics were taken in early June. They have all put on quite a bit more bone since then. It's fun watching the racks take shape.

Attachments

chompot

Reaction score
That third one is a bruiser, if that was from early June he will be a monster.

7mm RM

Reaction score
Great pics, thanks for getting the heart pumping for season....

Orygun

Reaction score
Big buck at the base of rimrock. Can'y get anymore classic than that.

Looks a lot like the terrain in a certain unit with a big fault block sticking out of it.

OR186

Reaction score
Orygun, I took the pic of the 2 bucks together from my boat. I run a charter service on Brownlee. The pics of all the rimrock bucks were taken from the deck of my house. The pic of the tall 3pt. was taken yesterday when I got home from fishing. I ranged him at 290 yds from the house. This morning while irrigating I saw 2 bucks with a little more rack still feeding down by the river. I backed off not wanting to bother them but I'll get some pics of those if I get the chance. It sure seems like the racks are really growing this year.

Orygun

Reaction score
I imagine that's the general area where you downed the brute a couple years ago. Nice spot for sure.

How're the crappie doing? I keep hearing conflicting reports on them.

Nice litt

OR186

Reaction score
LOTS of 2yr old 8" crappie. Very good spawn in 06. This Fall and next spring will be great fishing when these fish get a little more size. They will really grow once this year's spawn hatches. The big slabs have yet to show this year. Been having some really good days on channel cats. Fishing's good but the price of gas is keeping people home.

Aku 24

Reaction score
OR186, nice to see that the bucks are having a good year. I got drawn for the Walla Walla Unit this year. Took a nice 3X4 there 2 years ago.

Top Bottom