Oroville 6-30

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I landed 18 bass by noon on a drop shot set up. Today was mostly morning dawn (pink).
When I launched at 7 am there was one other boat at the ramp. When I pulled off there were a couple ahead of me but when I pulled up they were gone. Not sure why everyone still uses the other two ramps. They have been really crowded but the spillway ramp is easy.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
A few photos

Hard to see but those are both decent bucks. There are signs everywhere that say
"No Stopping Anytime" so I just slowed down to try to take a photo. There are two CHP buildings guarding the spillway area. One on at the spillway and then one in the parking lot past the spillway.

That is my boat tied to the end of the dock while I walk up to get my truck. Really long line to launch.

20200630_063544-1.jpg

20200630_121533.jpg

20200630_102321.jpg

Last edited:

P304X4

Reaction score
Nice looking bass.......congrats!

quaildeath

Reaction score
All spotties right? Supposed to be one of the best spotted bass lakes in the nation.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
2 largemouth today. Both really small. I lost a 3 pound largemouth on his second jump near the boat.
This is the only trophy photo my wife cares about. She likes spotted bass.

20200630_182425.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Wtg John! A little of my special blend seasoning will make it real tasty, thnx 4 sharing!...tra

Smithb9841

Reaction score
Nice! Curious have you tried using a Ned rig?
I had never used until this year after hearing multiple guys talk about it and have to say I really like it. Can’t wait to try it next year during pre spawn and post spawn.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
The question would be more "what color or type of Ned have I not tried?" It isn't that I don't catch a few fish on a Ned rig I just don't catch very many fish. I know guys who don't use anything else and I fish with guys who will gladly sell the Ned rigs they own for 10 cents on the dollar.

I think like a lot of other methods they either work for you or they don't. For me they don't work very well.

A couple of examples of me trying the Ned rig. I was on Oroville the first day it reopened. I could get a bite on 4 out of five casts with a Hula Grub or a drop shot. I tried the Ned rig a number of times. I landed 3 or 4 fish on a Ned rig out of the 70 fish I caught. At Lake Shasta in April basically the same results. Lots of bass on other soft plastics and only a few on various Ned rig baits.

Like a lot of other hunting or fishing methods you should use what works for you. Not much of a Senko fisherman either and I have bags and bags of Senkos.

P304X4

Reaction score
Those bass look tasty John......congrats again!!

Smithb9841

Reaction score
The question would be more "what color or type of Ned have I not tried?" It isn't that I don't catch a few fish on a Ned rig I just don't catch very many fish. I know guys who don't use anything else and I fish with guys who will gladly sell the Ned rigs they own for 10 cents on the dollar.

I think like a lot of other methods they either work for you or they don't. For me they don't work very well.

A couple of examples of me trying the Ned rig. I was on Oroville the first day it reopened. I could get a bite on 4 out of five casts with a Hula Grub or a drop shot. I tried the Ned rig a number of times. I landed 3 or 4 fish on a Ned rig out of the 70 fish I caught. At Lake Shasta in April basically the same results. Lots of bass on other soft plastics and only a few on various Ned rig baits.

Like a lot of other hunting or fishing methods you should use what works for you. Not much of a Senko fisherman either and I have bags and bags of Senkos.
I really started to like those this year we tried them after having a couple tough outings after the shelter in place was over and the lakes started opening. I’m a fan of them. Seemed to catch a lot of spots with them when they were schooled up

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I hear yah John, I had a hard core tourney bass fisherman I use to hang with and that’s all he would talk about using The whole time to me about using a senko, u got to try the senko Over and over again, and for that reason I refuse to ever use them even though I know they are an awesome bait and get the job done. I would out fish Him any day of the week with my a Sticko verses his Senko pond fishing for Trophy Largemouths So I am all good with that....tra

Top Bottom