Other ways to place your cam

shufigo

Reaction score
I can never seem to find the right tree in the right place. For example, the deer here in Virginia are moving into the corn fields now.  Ever try to mount a cam on the north side of a corn stalk?? AS LONG AS THEFT ISN'T A CONSIDERATION, one solution I've found is to make a tripod out of two dowel sticks and a length of rebar, duct taping them together.  You need the rebar for the weight to prevent the tripod from tipping over from the camera weight up at the top.  I've also gone to the local garden supply store and found wire tripod collapsable plant stands in different heights, for under 10 bucks. Now I can always place my cam exactly where I want it, facing just the right way.  Anybody else got a "Plan B" when the right tree isn't available???

JoelM

Reaction score
use any tree and steer the deer to your camera...

pretty simple right : )

quackmaster

Reaction score
chained one to a T fence post one time. Worked pretty good. Had to shim it up so it wouldn't twist though

deerstalker

Reaction score
Just drive a metal fence post in the ground about 18 inches. When you want to move the cam, pull the post up and move it too. You did say theft was not a consideration, right? We do this on our hunting lease all the time.

JoelM

Reaction score
Quackmaster,

If you chain the deer up to the fence post they wont walk infront of your cam.

: )

quackmaster

Reaction score
I don't usually chain the deer straight to the post, usually give them about 20 ft. of rope. You won't believe how well using a true "doe in heat" will affect your hunting success.:smile-big-blue:

bat

Reaction score
shufigo, I use one of my homebuilt garden watering post for mine.  Take a piece of 2 X 4 about 5' in length, nail a 18" piece of 2 X 4 all the way around the bottom for support legs, cut the ends off at an angle and drill a hole in the top with a wood bit...stick the sprinkler in the top (the ones with the stake to push into the ground) and you have a watering post for about $5.  Anyway I just strap the cam to this and move it where I need it.  :batwings:
        |
        |
      //

max

Reaction score
Hey Bat,
Post a picture of that their contraption!!!Sounds like a really good idea!!!:litebulb:

bat

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do max, lol.  I may have to just send you a picture of it if I can get a picture of it.  I don't have the upload site to post the picture.  bat

Top Bottom